The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Converse on all ski and snowboard subjects - All things skiing, snowboarding, Q&A, gear, etc.

Please attempt to keep all comments within this forum related to skiing or snowboarding related content.

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean! G-Rated)
kclement
Beginner

I thought the competition was great. It was a lot of fun. I must say good job to the judges for scoring the competition evenly and fairly. Can't wait for the next one.
admin

kclement wrote:
I thought the competition was great. It was a lot of fun. I must say good job to the judges for scoring the competition evenly and fairly. Can't wait for the next one.

Yes, it was awesome. I wish the next competition was in a week or two. I hate that I have to wait until next year.
skiatlanta
Advanced

A Big Bird wrote:

skiatlanta wrote:
Will there be another slopestyle competition on March 3rd? Can you guys judge skiers separately from snowboarders. I would have gone to the comp today, but I read on the website that skiers and snowboarders were judged together.

In the Skier/ Boarder Cross they were judged seperatley, in the Freestyle they were judged together.

You didn't really answer my question. If there is a slopestyle competition on March 3rd, can they please judge skiers separately from snowboarders for slopestyle?
skiing rules
Expert

why does this one person with 5 aliases feel like he has to hype up hawks huge, insane park so much, if its so good it should speak for itself. btw, hawks will never have a better park than app does
Zeus
Expert

^

|

|

Stirring up the pot. Can we count that as killing a kitten?
Hawks Park Rules
Beginner

skiing rules wrote:
why does this one person with 5 aliases feel like he has to hype up hawks huge, insane park so much, if its so good it should speak for itself. btw, hawks will never have a better park than app does

If App was such a good park then why don't you tell us what events are coming up at app. I got buds who would love to come over and school you in a competition - especailly at app. How organized are the people at app to use the park in more ways than just letting it be a high school show-off ground.

So what you got?
admin

Dude, get a freakin life
skiing rules
Expert

Zeus wrote:
^

|

|

Stirring up the pot. Can we count that as killing a kitten?

dude ive been ariund here way longer than any of these kids hyping up apps park, besides hpr has a long historyn of promoting lies and not at all accuratelt representing hawksnest terrain park
extremeskier11
Beginner

Lets see some pics
admin

There are several pictures of the event on this site already. Lorrie Tomlinson took several great shots that are posted under Hawksnest photos for 2005 - 2006 season. It's a little tricky to get to them, but they're posted.

Thanks for the great photos Lorrie.