The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Converse on all ski and snowboard subjects - All things skiing, snowboarding, Q&A, gear, etc.

Please attempt to keep all comments within this forum related to skiing or snowboarding related content.

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean! G-Rated)
admin

skiing rules wrote:
probably not

wrong - huge hits today. It was great!
extremeskier11
Beginner

A Big Bird wrote:

skiatlanta wrote:
Will there be another slopestyle competition on March 3rd? Can you guys judge skiers separately from snowboarders. I would have gone to the comp today, but I read on the website that skiers and snowboarders were judged together.

In the Skier/ Boarder Cross they were judged seperatley, in the Freestyle they were judged together.

What ya mean judged in the skier boarder cross ???
Hawks Park Rules
Beginner

I was on hand to make my 1st apperience and sign autographs at THE 1st ANNUAL "NEST GAMES". We all had a good time and if you were at App - well you missed it. Although HPR has stayied below the radar - doesn't mean I was ever a hoax or gone for good. Yes its true was at BlackComb for 10 days and My MAMMOTH trip is still a go in March. Meanwhile......

Hawks it is and will ever be the place to go. While I was gone I was convinced that I missed absolut nothing around here except for the alcohol.

Most of you who came out today finally got to see what it all was about - like the cat out of the bag to total bragging rights of the one and only park. Hawks has always had the best in mind for the true park riders stuck in NC. It's not the first time or last "HAWKS PARK RULES"
skiing rules
Expert

^it's tanner hall everybody. He didn't compete int he x games today to come to hawksnest.
admin

parisandrewsdaddy wrote:
hey bird......whos in charge of that terrain park....did I read somewhere that you guys have a new terrain park manager....

Brothers Duggan & Lenny ultimatley decide what goes where,

and yes we have experienced an uncommon interest in the Terrain Park features this year. Countless volunteers have helped us along this ever growing aspect of this industry: A few names if you want are:

Micah, Paris, Dave, Nate, Will, Spence, Little Buddy, Paul, Traner, Hank, Lenny, Ian, Sean M., and Casey to name a few.

Yes Parisandrewsdaddy, Paris has been an insperation to us all bringing knowledge and experience to our PARK, creating a safe and fun enviroment for all to enjoy.
admin

Hawks Park Rules wrote:
I was on hand to make my 1st apperience and sign autographs at THE 1st ANNUAL "NEST GAMES". We all had a good time and if you were at App - well you missed it. Although HPR has stayied below the radar - doesn't mean I was ever a hoax or gone for good. Yes its true was at BlackComb for 10 days and My MAMMOTH trip is still a go in March. Meanwhile......

Hawks it is and will ever be the place to go. While I was gone I was convinced that I missed absolut nothing around here except for the alcohol.

Most of you who came out today finally got to see what it all was about - like the cat out of the bag to total bragging rights of the one and only park. Hawks has always had the best in mind for the true park riders stuck in NC. It's not the first time or last "HAWKS PARK RULES"

Hey Hawks Park Rules:: Thanks for the MAD props... The Nest.....
admin

skiing rules wrote:
yay nest gaymes

So tell us skiingrules do you have undiscovered homosexual tendencies?
admin

Looked like everyone was going BIG today. Nice & soft (warm) conditions.

Im just glad all the Snowmakers & Lifties made it out alive. Luckily helmets were required today. Oh man! Jimbo from Ski School was rippin' it up today.!!!
admin

skiing rules wrote:
^it's tanner hall everybody. He didn't compete int he x games today to come to hawksnest.

So you and Tanner have become good friends, maybe you can hold hands while you mow lawns together.
admin

extremeskier11 wrote:

A Big Bird wrote:

skiatlanta wrote:
Will there be another slope-style competition on March 3rd? Can you guys judge skiers separately from snowboarders. I would have gone to the comp today, but I read on the website that skiers and snowboarders were judged together.

In the Skier/ Boarder Cross they were judged separately, in the Freestyle they were judged together.

What ya mean judged in the skier boarder cross ???

In the Skier, Boarder Cross, Boarders were together, then skiers.

We thought it would be good to include all winter enthusiast, Snow Boarders & Skiers.

@ The Nest we encourage Twin Tip Skis & Directional Boards alike

"bring it on".