The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Converse on all ski and snowboard subjects - All things skiing, snowboarding, Q&A, gear, etc.

Please attempt to keep all comments within this forum related to skiing or snowboarding related content.

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean! G-Rated)
teledave
Expert

Okay, lots of people interested in the official Ski NC North Carolina Summit.

Here's what I propose, a main Saturday summit at Beech with an optional 2nd day on Sunday at ??? (Hawks or Sugar?)

Let's get a good idea on what weekends work for people, avoiding holidays the UT summit, etc. I think this boils down to 3 weekends.

Feb. 11-12

Feb. 25-26

Mar. 4-5

My vote is for Feb. 25-26.

Let the debate begin.
Plans for 2015: To ski more than you
extremeskier11
Beginner

Any of those sound fine to me, I will most likely be able to make it this year.
CalebandCamsDad
Beginner

Any of those should be good....Im in!
admin

(mods could we make this a sticky?)

I'm for all of the above, feb 25-26 beech will work fine. Previous thread was lost and I've been focused on other stuff, I'll be glad to organize work with beech whatever. Think the "old" list was something like

Tdave

gresh

Snowbird (could not doe previous weekend but I think 25th was OK)

MBlacky

Afro was a maybe

Stinky

Ga Tom

N Alabama Skier
Axis X
Beginner

The 25th and 26th is spaced far enough from the UT summit and should allow for decent conditions.

I say Beech on Saturday, probably be crowded, and Sugar on Sunday, probably be fairly deserted, especially in the morning.
Mr Stinky
Beginner

TD,I have my race team finals on Feb 26 and might have to let them practice on the 25th.Is there any other possible time that might work out.Thanks Mr Stinky :(
extremeskier11
Beginner

Mr Stinky wrote:
TD,I have my race team finals on Feb 26 and might have to let them practice on the 25th.Is there any other possible time that might work out.Thanks Mr Stinky :(

How is your team doing...
teledave
Expert

March 3-4?

I don't want to ask my wife if I can go to NC for the weekend right after I come back from UT.

Anyone have any problems with March 3-4? March is usually deserted on the slopes.
Plans for 2015: To ski more than you
skiatlanta
Advanced

It looks like everyone wants to go to Beech, but is there anyway that we can go to someplace with a terrain park? I might be able to make one of those days, it all depends. I would really like to go to hawksnest, but sugar has my #2 vote.
extremeskier11
Beginner

skiatlanta wrote:
It looks like everyone wants to go to Beech, but is there anyway that we can go to someplace with a terrain park? I might be able to make one of those days, it all depends. I would really like to go to hawksnest, but sugar has my #2 vote.

Im not all that crazy about Beech either, I would prefer Sugar over any of them. But it really doesnt matter because I will be lucky to make it.