Today’s featured image is one that Joe Stevens and the West Virginia Ski Areas Association shared from Canaan Valley on Sunday. It was taken by our own Madison Doble.
It is going to be a perfect day to kick off the week.
With outstanding slope conditions and a bluebird day, it is going to be a great day of spring skiing.
It’s crazy how good the weekends have been the past month or so – and this past one wasn’t any different.
Mike was up at Canaan Valley and said that it was incredible. Check out this run that he posted from Saturday.
The Cheat Mountain magic was in full effect at Snowshoe on Friday night as they received over 11” of fresh powder. It looked perfect on Saturday.
10.5" of Cheat Mountain Magic is a great way to start a Saturday! #powday #snowshoemtn #almostheaven #cheatmtnmagic
With the 11” of snow on Friday, Snowshoe raised their total to over 30” of snow in the past 10 days. Incredible.
We continue those good vibes today as we will have a beautiful day for spring skiing.
Check out the latest conditions over on the Snow Reports page and here are a few notables from around the region.
- The snow will be soft and playful today. It will be a great day to be on the slopes.
- For the most part, bases held status quo over the past 24 hours.
- Several resorts are offering special deals on season passes for next season. Those include Snowshoe’s Ridiculous Pass, Wisp’s Mission Affordable and Wintergreen’s Mission: Affordable.
- A few resorts have started late season hours including Cataloochee, Beech, and Massanutten. Be sure to check out the Slope Repot or your favorite resort’s website for the latest hours.
- Sunday marked the last day of the 2019-20 season for Ski Sapphire and Wolf Ridge. They join Omni Homestead as resorts having concluded their season.
- It was great to see resorts able to make snow over the weekend – including Ober Gatlinburg. They shared this capture over on Facebook Saturday morning.
Guess who got to make snow last night AND this morning? Yep, you guessed right, Ober! Slopes open thru March 15th. Hope to see you here!
- Bryce Resort shared some awesome photos of youngsters on the slopes. It is always great to see kids out learning the craft.
Spring skiing is in full effect at Bryce and it’s great!…#bryceresort #brycelife #skiing #snowboarding #springskiing #skitheeast #skisoutheast @ Bryce Resort
- App Ski Mountain hosted a wonderful event on Saturday with the 7th Annual Wounded Warrior Event.
Thank you for your service! Today is your day Wounded Warriors. •..•#FamilyFun • •#AppSkiMtn• •#BlowingRock•…
Today is going to be a perfect day to play if you are able to get out and enjoy the slopes. That does it for today.
Until next time, #ThinkSnow!
Like Us on Facebook! < The Best Ski Resort News Around! If you LIKE us you will automatically be eligible to win free lift tickets and other giveaways that we do all season long!
If you want to drop me an email or comment, feel free. Your thoughts, trip reports, input, suggestions or general commentaries are welcome.
Email me your thoughts, comments or any news to [email protected]