Today’s Photo of the Day is from App Ski Mountain’s Sunrise Sunday Series. Ric Wilkinson always delivers when he is behind the camera.
It is going to be a yucky start to the day, but the news isn’t all that bad.
Rain – heavy in some locations – is moving out of the area this morning, and will give way to partly cloudy skies and falling temperatures this evening.
After this weird weather weekend, the resorts will have a chance to refresh the slopes if they so choose later tonight and into tomorrow – and really for the next couple of nights.
Today is the outlier for the week as we are looking at a fantastic weather week for ski and snowboarding. Base depths have taken a hit over the weekend, but there is still plenty of snow to play on.
That snow will be soft and playful so this week is going to be a great week to get out and play.
The best part is that some resorts could even see a little natural snow Tuesday night into Wednesday – something we will definitely keep an eye on.
For the latest conditions, be sure to visit the Snow Reports page.
A couple of notable items:
- Wolf Ridge has temporarily suspended operations due to the weather. The crew at Wolf looks to reopen on Friday, March 5.
- In addition to Wolf, Omni Homestead has suspended operations until noon on Thursday and Ski Sapphire Valley has suspended operations until Friday. Both Omni Homestead and Ski Sapphire were scheduled to do that.
- Snowshoe shared that the overnight rain has caused flooding in their surrounding areas so they advised checking local weather warnings if you are traveling to or from 4848′ this morning.
- Snowshoe picked up right at two inches of rain in the past 24 hours, while Canaan Valley and Timberline received nearly an inch and a half of rain over the past 24 hours.
- If you missed Mike’s story, App Ski Mountain has a brand new HD camera over on Resortcams. It is pretty fantastic.
- Beech Mountain is kicking off the virtual auction for their Runs for Buns Event on Saturday. Be sure to check it out as they have some incredible items.
That does it for today, but until next time, #ThinkSnow!
Like Us on Facebook! < The Best Ski Resort News Around! If you LIKE us you will automatically be eligible to win free lift tickets and other giveaways that we do all season long!
If you want to drop me an email or comment, feel free. Your thoughts, trip reports, input, suggestions or general commentaries are welcome.
Email me your thoughts, comments or any news to [email protected].