Today’s featured image is from Massanutten. Kenny Hess sent over this beautiful sunrise shot from Wednesday that was taken by groomer Cory Bradburn.
It’s wild out there this morning.
Mother Nature is throwing just about every precipitation type you can think of at us this morning.
When I say it is a mixed bag, it really is a mixed bag today.
Snow is falling in parts of the region – mixing with freezing rain and sleet at times – while parts are dealing with significant icing.
Be safe if you are out and about today.
As far as snow, we did see some accumulation – mostly in the northern part of the region.
Canaan and Timberline both received right at 3″ of fresh powder, while Snowshoe is reporting 2″. Wisp Resort and Bryce Resort also received 2″ of natural snow, while Massanutten has about an inch.
Snow is still falling but is mixing more with freezing rain as we start the morning. Here’s hoping it will turn back to snow pretty quickly.
Unfortunately, that freezing rain could impact operations so be sure to stay weather aware throughout the day.
For the latest conditions, be sure to hop over to the Snow Reports page.
A few notes from our look around the area.
- Winterplace has announced that the icy weather is impacting operations as they are not operating tubing or the upper mountain today. They will be evaluating operations for the rest of the mountain throughout the day.
- Massanutten has also announced that they could be impacted by the weather, but as of this morning, everything is still open. They are expected to seeing icing throughout the day.
- We will bring you updates and information regarding impacts on social media as we receive them
- Despite the mixed bag, conditions look pretty good across the region. Today will be a great day – especially where the winter mix is taking a break.
- Omni Homestead is slated to resume operations at noon today. Ski Sapphire Valley will resume operations on Friday.
- There were some snowmaking overnight, but we expect that more resorts will be able to crank up snowmaking later tonight.
There is a bright side as we will see snow pick up tonight so this weekend will be incredible.
That does it for today, but until next time, #ThinkSnow!
Like Us on Facebook! < The Best Ski Resort News Around! If you LIKE us you will automatically be eligible to win free lift tickets and other giveaways that we do all season long!
If you want to drop me an email or comment, feel free. Your thoughts, trip reports, input, suggestions or general commentaries are welcome.
Email me your thoughts, comments or any news to [email protected]