Today’s featured image is from Steve Skarupa at Snowshoe. Check out some more of Steve’s photos here.
A light dusting of snow fell at Snowshoe and Canaan Valley overnight and that is helping us get excited for the weekend.
Both resorts received a trace of natural powder that provides a picturesque setting this morning, and Snowshoe’s mountain op crew was able to get snowmaking cranked up as well.
As I was doing a quick tour of the cameras, I saw a few flurries flying. We would love to see more snow, but even the flurries were a nice jolt of excitement as we rapidly approach President’s Day Weekend.
Brad shared his latest forecast last night and things are definitely looking up for the holiday weekend.
Bring on the cold!
On a side note, it was great to hear Brad talk about the Ski Southeast Summit at Snowshoe. Our entire team is really excited about the adventure, and it is great to see people signing up every day.
We would love to have you join us so check out the details here.
After tonight’s rain, temperatures will drop on Thursday and we should see snowmaking kick into high gear on Friday and last throughout the weekend.
There may also be a light snow region-wide Friday morning to help set the stage. The slope conditions for the long weekend will be fantastic.
The rain so far this week as been on the lower side of what was originally forecasted (thankfully) which has kept things pretty solid across the board as we kick off this Wednesday morning.
For the latest conditions, be sure to hop over to the Snow Reports page.
Here are a couple of notable items from around the area.
- Wolf Ridge has extended its temporary closure to Friday, Feb. 14 due to the rainy forecast. They are planning to resume operations on a regular schedule for Valentines.
- Bases are holding strong despite the warmth and rain. For most locations that offer a range, we have only dropped a few inches off both numbers, while those resorts that provide one average number have seen just a couple of inches fall off the total – if that.
- There are a TON of special events going on at the mountains to end the week and throughout the weekend. Be sure to check out your favorite resort to see what cool stuff they are offering this weekend.
- Snowshoe had a great weekend last weekend and shared some awesome photos on social media yesterday.
- Wisp is hosting the BlackStrap Rail Jam on Saturday in the Central Park Terrain Park. It looks like is it going to be a really fun event.
That does it for it today. Until next time, #ThinkSnow!
We’d REALLY LOVE IT…if you would:
Like Us on Facebook! < The Best Ski Resort News Around! If you LIKE us you will automatically be eligible to win free lift tickets and other giveaways that we do all season long!
If you want to drop me an email or comment, feel free. Your thoughts, trip reports, input, suggestions or general commentaries are welcome.
Email me your thoughts, comments or any news to [email protected]