Today’s featured image is from App Ski Mountain and was taken by Boone photographer Ric Wilkinson (rickwilkinson.com).
The march to the season is picking up steam.
As I was updating today’s fog totals, it hit me like a train – we are almost to September. It feels like we started August fogs yesterday and now there are only 12 days left in the month.
It seems to happen that way every year – once you get past July 4, the days seem they start passing by quicker and quicker. Not that we mind because that just means the season will be here faster.
Always have to look on the bright side.
There are still a lot of activities and events going on across our mountain communities as we move throughout the month and into September.
The August fog count has been really good to us so far as we have had fog 15-of-19 mornings so far. We’ve already tied last year’s tally and hopefully, we will reach the 20’s.
Get the latest on the fog count by clicking here.
Here is a quick look at some nuts and bolts of things going on in the coverage area.
– Massanutten has launched season pass sales for this upcoming season. The Virginia resort is currently offering passes for $309 for the 2020-21 season, but prices will go up on September 1.
Massanutten has also announced family season passes will be available for the first time this season.
– App Ski Mountain has announced that its 23rd annual preseason sale will be held October 16-25. The sale and swap will feature everything – from skis and snowboards and everything else you need to hit the slopes – discounted up to 70% off.
The sale will be held slopeside.
– Ober Gatlinburg has announced that OktOBERfest is slated to return on September 25 and will run through November 1.
OktOBERfest is a great event that allows you to take in beautiful views of the Smoky Mountains in the fall as well as enjoy some great food and music. There will be some different protocols due to COVID-19, but it will still be a great time.
– Beech Mountain is still going strong with their summer activities. With Mile High Yoga, free Movie Under the Stars (featuring Maleficent this Saturday) and the 5506’ bar, there is something for everyone.
Beech has shared some great content on social media. Check out this video of the lift ride down the mountain from a couple of days ago for a unique perspective.
– Snowshoe is also going strong as they are set to host the inaugural Pedals and Pints events with racing across both Saturday and Sunday. Unfortunately, Snowshoe has had to make some changes to the event schedule with the following note.
“Due to the state health guidelines, this year will be heavy on the Pedals and light on the Pints. But the good times will still roll…across, around, and down the mountain.”
At Snowshoe, the good times are always rolling.
This isn’t a complete list by any stretch of the imagination so be sure to check out your favorite resort’s website for the latest happenings.
Things are picking up here amongst our Ski Southeast staff as we get amped up for the season. We are really excited about the things to come and hope you join us on the adventure over on social media (facebook.com/skisoutheast).
That does it for today but until next time #ThinkSnow!
Like Us on Facebook! < The Best Ski Resort News Around! If you LIKE us you will automatically be eligible to win free lift tickets and other giveaways that we do all season long!
If you want to drop me an email or comment, feel free. Your thoughts, trip reports, input, suggestions or general commentaries are welcome.
Email me your thoughts, comments or any news to [email protected]