To say the excitement level for the weekend is building is an understatement.
After today, we will be in the midst of the best stretch of weather we have seen this season area-wide. We are talking snow, cold and all the stuff we love to see.
And to top it off, it is the weekend of Ski Summit – we couldn’t have planned it better if we tried!
Brad Panovich shared his latest skier’s forecast late last night, and things are looking to be incredible as we are looking at three separate snow events between now and Sunday.
Every resort will get some snow this go around with the potential for several inches falling before things are said and done. This could be the best weekend of the season.
On that note, there is still time to join us at this weekend’s summit, but availability is limited.
For today, we have a little underdeveloped rain to get through before the cold and snow arrives this evening. A quick look over at the cameras show the slopes are in great shape with plenty of coverage this morning.
Some softer snow will certainly be awaiting you if you are hitting the slopes this morning, but tonight’s sessions could see natural powder falling.
The resorts will also have an impressively strong snowmaking window tomorrow through Sunday as we prepare to head into March.
For the latest conditions, be sure to hop over to the Snow Reports page for the latest.
A few notes from this morning’s round-up.
- The base drop was minimal despite Monday’s rain and Tuesday’s warmth. There is a ton of snow from the past couple of weeks (with more on the way) and the mountain operations crews have done an outstanding job keeping the slopes in great shape. #ThankASnowmaker
- It is Family Day at Cataloochee and a child 17 and under will receive a free lift ticket when accompanied by a parent purchasing a full price at adult day twilight or diet lift ticket. Certainly, a great way to get the family on the slopes.
- App Ski Mountain and Bryce remain at 100%.
- Omni Homestead is set to reopen tomorrow, while Ski Sapphire Valley will resume operations on Friday at noon.
- Speaking of Sapphire, they have added a weekend to their operating schedule.
- Check out this sweet highlight video of Snowshoe’s Berming Man event over the weekend.
Spice up your Tuesday evening with these highlights from the Berming Man Banked Slalom. Its got all the goods you'd expect: high speed, rad outfits, and of course an abundance of carnage. Enjoy!
Posted by Snowshoe Mountain on Tuesday, February 25, 2020
It is going to be a great stretch to get out on the mountains. That is it for today, but until next time #ThinkSnow!
Like Us on Facebook! < The Best Ski Resort News Around! If you LIKE us you will automatically be eligible to win free lift tickets and other giveaways that we do all season long!
If you want to drop me an email or comment, feel free. Your thoughts, trip reports, input, suggestions or general commentaries are welcome.
Email me your thoughts, comments or any news to [email protected]