Today’s featured image is from Timberline Mountain earlier this week.
After a sluggish start to the season, we have been on a roll ever since December.
Seriously, this has been an incredible run we have been on this season, and it looks like it is going to keep rolling.
Just keep that #ThinkSnow vibe going because it is working right now.
After some light snow overnight with accumulations (mostly confined to West Virginia), our attention now turns to a Saturday night/Sunday morning system that could bring some moderate accumulations area-wide.
It is kinda deja vu after last weekend, but we will certainly take it.
Our own Brad Panovich shared his latest skier’s forecast last night and the news is pretty good.
We aren’t going to discuss that next weekend forecast just yet because I don’t want to jinx it.
Brad also shared an incredible photo from Jim Venza on Twitter where you could see the three ski resorts around Boone.
Love this picture from Boone , NC tonight. The sunset was unbelievable and 3 of the areas ski resorts all in one shot! From the skilled hands of Jim Venza. #wncwx #ncwx #visitnc @SkiSoutheast pic.twitter.com/tgaB8LYOyr
— Brad Panovich (@wxbrad) February 5, 2021
That is an awesome photo.
Another great photo we received was from our buddy Bill Nabers up at Bryce Resort.
While working as a Ski Patroller at Bryce, Bill was able to squeeze in 19 runs and was wishing for more because the conditions were so good.
As we turn our focus back to this weekend, conditions will be incredible today and get better once the snow starts falling on Saturday.
As we have seen all season, it will be a busy weekend at the resorts so be sure to purchase in advance (where possible) if you are heading to the slopes.
For the latest conditions, be sure to visit the Snow Reports page.
A couple of highlights and notes from our trip around the region:
- Canaan Valley and Timberline reported nearly three inches of fresh powder last night, while Snowshoe reported two inches of fresh snow.
- Speaking of Snowshoe, they have a limited number of Silver Creek only tickets available for this weekend.
- Of all the resorts in our coverage area, there are just 20 slopes that aren’t open for play today. That deserves a huge #ThankASnowmaker and serves as a testament to how strong this season has been.
- Beech Mountain has announced that they are sold out for day sessions for today (Feb. 5 and Feb. 6). They still have limited night session tickets available. Massanutten also has very limited tickets available for today.
- Ski Sapphire Valley will reopen for operations today at noon.
- Insider tip for those going to the slopes this weekend – if you aren’t much of a football fan, game time on Sunday will be a great time to find the less crowds on the slopes.
That does it for today, but until next time, #ThinkSnow!
Like Us on Facebook! < The Best Ski Resort News Around! If you LIKE us you will automatically be eligible to win free lift tickets and other giveaways that we do all season long!
If you want to drop me an email or comment, feel free. Your thoughts, trip reports, input, suggestions or general commentaries are welcome.
Email me your thoughts, comments or any news to [email protected]