Our featured image is a bird’s eye view of Timberline Mountain. What a beautiful shot!
It has been a yucky few days weather-wise, but it looks like winter is going to make a triumphant return (we hope).
Temperatures are falling this morning across the area to the point we are seeing snowmaking operations crank back up at Cataloochee, Ober Gatlinburg, and Sugar Mountain this morning, and I fully expect that we will have more resorts join them as the day goes on.
The bases were still in great shape, but it is fantastic to be able to put some fresh snow – even if it is manmade – on the slopes.
Speaking of fresh snow, I have seen a few flakes flying on the cameras this morning as well. While it won’t amount to more than a dusting in most places this morning, it is always nice to have some natural flakes flying around to help set those winter vibes.
For the latest conditions, be sure to hop over to the Snow Reports page.
A couple of items of note:
- Be on the lookout for snowmaking as we move throughout the day. As soon as conditions allow, I expect most resorts will fire up this afternoon and evening – if not beforehand.
- Despite the weird mixed bag of weather we have had this past week, bases are holding on impressively strong. There is still plenty of snow to play on.
- Wisp Resort is opening on a delay today due to weather. Be sure to check with the resort before heading that way today.
- Omni Homestead and Ski Sapphire are taking their midweek pauses as scheduled.
- It is awesome to see that trail counts are still high. Minus Omni Homestead and Ski Sapphire Valley, the other resorts have combined for a total of 19 closed trails.
- App Ski Mountain has a great deal right now – you can ski the rest of this season if you go ahead and purchase your season pass for 2021-22. Check out their website for more details.
Thursday-Friday is looking interesting weather-wise – especially for the northern part of the region. I am sure Brad will provide a weather update in the next 24-48 hours to get us updated, and I will also have more tomorrow.
It is going to be a great day on the slopes if you are able to get out and play.
That does it until next time, #ThinkSnow!
Like Us on Facebook! < The Best Ski Resort News Around! If you LIKE us you will automatically be eligible to win free lift tickets and other giveaways that we do all season long!
If you want to drop me an email or comment, feel free. Your thoughts, trip reports, input, suggestions or general commentaries are welcome.
Email me your thoughts, comments or any news to [email protected]