*Many resorts are on a Wind Hold this morning . . . see below for details*
We are locked into some cold air and the (wonderful) return of snow making conditions. I counted 9 resorts that are currently, or did, make snow overnight. Even the resorts that were ON THE CUSP are seeing their bases stick around a bit longer due to the cold blast.
This is a boon to the resorts, as tonight will be ‘Round 2’ of snowmaking weather. The bonus is that we are going to see some of these high winds die-off, which should help the snow making be more directed.
Mid-week brings a slight warm-up, but not for long as we should see the return of cold weather (with some snow) for a great first weekend in March!
WV is getting a shot of cold air . . . Wind Chills of -1F!
- Snowshoe: “It’s going to be a windy day with temperatures peaking in the high 20’s.”
- 11 (of 14) lifts, but that COULD change . . . “Due to the high winds we could see some lift delays throughout the day.”
- 44inch base w/ snow making on 6 runs . . . “Our snow making team has been back out there working hard and take full advantage of the cold temperatures.”
- Ski Southeast Summit this weekend!
- Canaan: “We now find ourselves in an excellent snow making window to begin this week”.
- Snowmaking on Critter Crawl and Gravity . . . “We will also make snow across the mountain on multiple other slopes as well, and plan to continue snow making efforts as long as conditions allow.”
- 24 Runs and 4 Lifts open today
- Currently 27F with a High of 36F. . . “Forecast: Mostly sunny throughout the day. Dress in layers to be prepared for the weather. It should be a great day to be on the slopes.”
- No Snowmaking, but still looking pretty good . . .
- Timberline: no update yet on re-opening . . . “Mountain will be reevaluated Monday, Feb. 25th.”
NC has some ‘snow globe’ snowmaking today!
- Beech Mountain:
- High Wind Warning in effect until noon . . . “Sunny, with a high near 37. Northwest wind 17 to 33 mph, with gusts as high as 55 mph.”
- Snowmaking is on! . . .
- Cataloochee: “The sunshine returned along with snowmaking temps and we have been making snow since early last night. Remember we are committed to continuing snowmaking well into March and ready for another month of skiing and riding time!”
- Specs . . . Today we are on a (groomed) base of 50-84″ on 13 slopes and offer three sessions.
- Season Pass sales begin tomorrow . . . “We have also decided to begin our big Season Pass Sale on Tuesday, February 26 and continue through March 3 at midnight.”
- App: 100% Open. Snowmaking is on!
- New Terrain Park set-up . . . Features include small, medium, and large jumps, DFD rail, Rainbow rail, Lift Tower rail, Donkey rail, and shotgun rail.
- Sapphire: Nice to see Sapphire open up this morning with some fresh-made snow!
- Open from 4-8pm
- Manmade snow overnight . . . “New Snow this week: 3-5″ Sunday-Monday – Machine Made”
- Wolf:We will be closed Monday Feb 25 – Friday March 1, 2019. Weather permitting we will reopen Saturday March 2 and Sunday March 3, 2019!
Wisp is on a Wind Hold this morning – Delayed Opening
- Wisp: “Some breezy weather has blown into town, and for the safety of skiers and riders, could affect chairlift operations. A wind advisory is in effect until 10am today, Monday, February 25. Please refer to the Mountain Report for changes and updates. Once these winds simmer down, our Snowmaking Crew plans to go back in action.”
- Wind Chills of -1F today at Wisp
- “Monday Deal Day is happening today – a lift ticket from 9am – 5pm, equipment rental and 1-hour clinic is just $49!”
VA is experiencing some ‘stronger than usual’ winds
- Massanutten: Lifts are on WIND HOLD – We remain under a High Wind Advisory this morning. The high winds could affect the safe operation of the chair lifts. With your and our employee safety in mind, we will remain closed until our lift maintenance and patrol determine we can operate. We are monitoring the weather closely and anticipate opening for the day at 12:00pm or as soon as possible.
- Wintergreen: makes it pretty convincing . . .
- “100% Terrain Open
- Snowmaking overnight for a well-groomed welcome
- Crystal clear air
- Bluebird skies
- Sunny, sunny, sunny
- Highs in the mid-30s
You can’t help but have the best day – winter isn’t over yet!”
- Bryce: Had to close the Copper Kettle last night due to a power outage. We presume everything is back on schedule today.
- Just a hair to warm (@ 34 to 35F) for snowmaking overnight
- Homestead: “DUE TO DANGEROUS HIGH WINDS THE SKI AREA WILL NOT OPEN UNTIL NOON TODAY.
LIFT TICKETS WILL BE $25.”
- Snowmaking is on! . . .
*Tubing is closed at Homestead today*
- Snowmaking is on! . . .
Ober has some snowmaking weather tonight!
- Ober: “Good Monday Morning! Today we will have 5 runs open Mogul, Upper Bear, Cub Way, Castle and Ski School, open at Noon today! The base is 15-25″ on our main slopes and the terrain park moved to the Skiers Right of Castle Run.”
- Snowmaking plans . . . “We will make snow as temperatures allow, possibly tonight. Until then we will maintain certain areas with our warm weather snowmaking system.”
That’s all for today.
We’d REALLY LOVE IT…if you would:
Subscribe to Our YouTube Channel < For great Video Notifications
Like Us on Facebook! < The Best Ski Resort News Around! If you LIKE us you will automatically be eligible to win free lift tickets and other giveaways that we do all season long!
If you want to drop me an email or comment, feel free. Your thoughts, trip reports, input, suggestions or general commentaries are welcome.
Email me your thoughts, comments or any news to [email protected]