Anyone up for a bluebird Tuesday?
Ready or not, here it comes as Tuesday is looking to be an incredible day on the slopes – with some places even sporting some fresh powder this morning.
It has been a fantastic season so far and that is continuing the next couple of days with blue skies. The temperatures are going to be a bit on the mild side, but nothing too wild.
Our own Brad Panovich shared his latest weather update last night.
We are certainly hoping for a #ThinkSnow vibe this weekend.
As I mentioned, we did see a few reports receive some white gold on Monday.
The Cheat Mountain magic was alive and well as Snowshoe received 4.5″ of fresh snow, while Canaan Valley and Timberline were just under the 4″ mark.
Massanutten also received around a half-inch of fresh snow.
For the latest conditions, be sure to hop over to the Snow Reports page.
Overall, things look really, really good on the slopes.
Here are a couple of news and notes from around the area.
- Canaan Valley has upped their trail count to 46 slopes this morning – leaving just one trail closed – with the natural snow trails they have opened this morning.
- In addition to Canaan, Wisp is rocking 33-of-34 open trails today.
- App Ski Mountain, Beech Mountain, Bryce Resort, Massanutten, Snowshoe, Sugar Mountain, Timberline, and Wintergreen all are open at 100%, while Ober Gatlinburg and Cataloochee join Canaan Valley and Wisp with all but one trail open for play.
- Canaan Valley and Timberline are hosting a two-night torchlight parade event this weekend. Light Up the Valley will occur at Timberline on Friday at 7p, and at Canaan on Saturday at 7p.
- Beech Mountain is set to host their annual Runs for Buns on Saturday, March 6. We will have more information on that great event later this week.
It is a busy week as we close out the month of February so stay tuned for the latest.
As always, there were some great social posts showcasing our resorts over the last few days.
Check out these views from Beech Mountain.
Cataloochee was showing off their Monday conditions yesterday.
App Ski Mountain is offering free skiing if you go ahead and purchase your membership for next season.
Ober Gatlinburg is hosting their Annual Spring Fling in a couple of weeks.
Timberline (as well as Canaan Valley) shared information on this weekend’s Light Up the Valley event.
Today’s featured photo is also from Timberline with that courdoury.
Last but not least, Wolf Ridge shared this great photo of a youngster learning the craft.
That does it for today, but until tomorrow, #ThinkSnow!
Like Us on Facebook! < The Best Ski Resort News Around! If you LIKE us you will automatically be eligible to win free lift tickets and other giveaways that we do all season long!
If you want to drop me an email or comment, feel free. Your thoughts, trip reports, input, suggestions or general commentaries are welcome.
Email me your thoughts, comments or any news to [email protected]