Today’s featured image is the beautiful sunrise from Timberline Mountain.
It is going to be a great day to play on the slopes.
Wednesday is going to be an in-between day of sorts as we wait for the next system to move through the area tonight, and conditions still remain incredible.
After this weekend’s storm dumped anywhere from a foot of snow to 27″ at the resorts, we have some of the best conditions of the season.
Especially with the mountain operation crews taking advantage of the cold to refresh the slopes.
For the full report, be sure to visit the Snow Reports page.
We are mostly status quo from yesterday, but here are a couple of notable items.
- Sugar Mountain is inching closer to being 100% open as they upped their slope total to 19-of-21 this morning.
- Canaan Valley continues to have 28 trails open as they have 17 natural trails open as a result of this weekend’s storm.
- Speaking of Canaan Valley, Timberline and Canaan both recorded a light snow accumulation yesterday.
- Snowshoe has left the skier’s right of Lower Ballhooter ungroomed if you are looking for bumps.
- Snowshoe also announced this morning that the basin side is at capacity for this upcoming Saturday (Jan. 22), but Silver Creek tickets remain available.
- App Ski Mountain is no longer requiring 4WD and/or chains for their access road.
Things look absolutely incredible when you do the Resortcams tour.
As I mentioned, a system will move through late tonight bringing some undeveloped rain before switching over to all snow before tomorrow morning.
Snow amounts will be on the lighter side, but the big story is the cold that will come along with the snow.
Today looks to be the warmest day of the past week as temperatures will stay on the chilly side over the next few days.
Some light snow and cold temps are a great combination.
We are also watching a weekend system that still has lots of parts that could bring some snow to the area, but right now it doesn’t look to be a repeat of last weekend.
Stay tuned as we will update you as we get closer to the weekend.
A couple of social media posts to share this morning.
That does it for today, but until next time, #ThinkSnow!
Like Us on Facebook! < The Best Ski Resort News Around! If you LIKE us you will automatically be eligible to win free lift tickets and other giveaways that we do all season long!
If you want to drop me an email or comment, feel free. Your thoughts, trip reports, input, suggestions or general commentaries are welcome.
Email me your thoughts, comments or any news to [email protected]