Today’s featured image is from a bluebird Wisp Resort on Monday. Tuesday may be warmish and rainy but winter will return later this week.
A gloomy Tuesday awaits us today, but things are looking solid for the weekend.
After the glorious weekend, Ma Nature is throwing some rain at us today. However, Old Man Winter could return in the latter part of the week to set us up for another really, nice weekend.
Today will be a spring-like day with rain and warmish temps. It comes with the March territory, but hard to believe the drastic swing in temperatures from Saturday to today.
The end of the week, however, has some promise with cold and some snow. Hopefully, we will get an update from Brad today or tomorrow to see what his thoughts are. It is definitely something to be watching.
Slopes conditions are still looking great on the slopes this morning – just expect some wet snow. It doesn’t look like today will be a total washout so if you don’t care to dodge a few raindrops today will be a great day to go play.
For the latest, be sure to hop over to the Snow Reports page for the latest deets.
Here are a couple of notes of interest from around the area.
- Bases held pretty strong yesterday region-wide. There is still a TON of snow to play on.
- As I mentioned earlier, look for some soft and wet snow today on the slopes. Seven resorts are reporting groomed conditions this morning.
- At Snowshoe, Mountaineer and Evolution are open as green trails today.
- Beech Mountain kicked off their Runs for Buns event week yesterday. The main event is Saturday where they will host a ski-a-thon type event along with a day of live music, skiing, snowboarding, parties, contest and more benefiting a great cause. For more information on Saturday’s event as well as everything going on throughout the week, click here.
- Massanutten is hosting Snow Moon Fest March 6-8. The event will feature an arctic plunge, 4K race/walk, live music, tap takeovers, fireworks, torchlight parade and more. They also have a couple of great lodging specials for the weekend. Visit here for more information.
- Check out this sweet shot that Ober Gatlinburg captured from the Aerial Tram.
Rainbows make rainy morning worth it. This view is from the tram 🥰
- Cataloochee has a season pass special for next season that ends today. Be sure to hop over to their site to check it out.
- On that note, be on the lookout as several resorts will have promotions for next season in the coming weeks.
- Wisp was showing off conditions yesterday on Facebook. Things look incredible as we enter March.
That does it for today. Until next time, Think Snow!
Like Us on Facebook! < The Best Ski Resort News Around! If you LIKE us you will automatically be eligible to win free lift tickets and other giveaways that we do all season long!
If you want to drop me an email or comment, feel free. Your thoughts, trip reports, input, suggestions or general commentaries are welcome.
Email me your thoughts, comments or any news to [email protected]