Today’s featured image is from Canaan Valley – look at that snow.
It is going to be a mixed-bag Thursday – depending on where you are.
The North Carolina resorts and Ober Gatlinburg are waking up to a winter weather soup with snow, sleet, and rain all mixed, while the resorts from Virginia north are going to have a beautiful bluebird day.
Today’s big winner is Wisp Resort as they received just under six inches of fresh powder on Wednesday morning making for some incredible conditions.
Wisp posted some photos during the snow and it certainly made us jealous.
That looks like a blast.
Winterplace is reporting an inch of snow this morning, while Canaan Valley and Timberline received a heavy trace.
In this morning’s round of precipitation, it isn’t going to lead to much accumulation where it falls and should be out of the area by lunchtime.
As I look out my window, a trio of snow, sleet, and rain is falling and that seems to be the trend on the resort cameras.
Conditions on the slopes will be a lot of fun today no matter where you are able to make a few turns.
For the latest conditions, be sure to visit Snow Reports page.
A few tidbits from the report:
- Our pal Meimei has been spending the week at Massanutten and reported that they have started making snow on Paradice, Mass Transit, and Yee Ha. That will be fantastic when those open up.
- Wisp was able to take advantage of that natural snow as they added four trails to the mix as well as upped their base to 20″.
- The Omni Homestead is set to resume operations at noon today.
- Silver Creek at Snowshoe is set to open at noon today as well.
- There are still four resorts – App Ski Mountain, Beech Mountain, Cataloochee, and Snowshoe – that are open 100%.
- As a friendly reminder, today will be a fantastic day to plan out your weekend trips if you haven’t done so already. Be sure to purchase tickets in advance where possible.
I have a few shares from social media to wrap up that I just thought was really cool.
Snowshoe shared a great video showcasing their fresh snow.
The trail count is officially at 60/60 and the snow just keeps on falling! #gopro #snowshoemtn #powdays
Posted by Snowshoe Mountain on Wednesday, January 20, 2021
That looks sweet.
Speaking of sweet things, App Ski Mountain caught a sweet moment on camera this past weekend.
Congratulations to Keith and Jen on their engagement!
That does it for it today, but until next time, #ThinkSnow!
Like Us on Facebook! < The Best Ski Resort News Around! If you LIKE us you will automatically be eligible to win free lift tickets and other giveaways that we do all season long!
If you want to drop me an email or comment, feel free. Your thoughts, trip reports, input, suggestions or general commentaries are welcome.
Email me your thoughts, comments or any news to [email protected]