Sunday Funday is going to be a mild one.
I hope everyone had a great Christmas yesterday.
It sure didn’t feel like Christmas weather when you stepped outside.
As we roll into the holiday week, the mildish temperatures are here for a few days. We also saw some light rain move through overnight, but it looks like today will be dry.
It is not ideal conditions, but there is plenty of snow as most of our resorts have built really solid base depths.
Mike did a quick video tour around 3:30 yesterday that looks around at all of the various resorts.
It is a great way to take a quick look at what conditions were late yesterday and you can always visit Resortcams.com for the latest live shots.
There is still a lot of fun to be had out on the slopes this week even if the weather may not cooperate and give us refills every day.
Sunday Funday has 13 resorts with lifts turning today as we added Wolf Ridge to the mix.
Wolf hasn’t updated their ski report just yet, but they did advise that their terrain will be limited today on social media. They fought hard to open today, and I am happy that they are finally ready to drop the rope.
For the complete conditions, visit the Snow Report page.
Below are a few notables from around the area.
- After nearly every resort had limited or abbreviated hours for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, most will kickoff holiday hours today.
- Cupp Run is now open at Snowshoe.
- Per the Cataloochee website, Cat is going to only open from mid-station down due to the warm weather.
- Base depths – especially in North Carolina – took a bit of a hit after the rain overnight, but it was nothing too drastic. There is still plenty of snow to play on.
- Be sure to check your intended destination and buy tickets in advance this week. From all indications, it looks like it is going to be a really busy week.
Today’s featured image is from App Ski Mountain and their popular #SunriseSunday series. One of my favorite weekly posts.
One non-snow condition item that I wanted to share was that Canaan Valley finished installing their RFID pick-up boxes making it easier to get on the snow.
RFID gates are becoming more commonplace in our area, and are making getting on the slopes more efficient.
If you are headed out to the slopes, have safe travels, and be sure to send us your photos and trip reports.
That does it for today, but until next time, #ThinkSnow and #ThinkCold for good measure.
Like Us on Facebook! < The Best Ski Resort News Around! If you LIKE us you will automatically be eligible to win free lift tickets and other giveaways that we do all season long!
If you want to drop me an email or comment, feel free. Your thoughts, trip reports, input, suggestions or general commentaries are welcome.
Email me your thoughts, comments or any news to [email protected]