Today’s featured image is of snowboarding pioneer Jake Burton from the 1970’s from the Burton Blog.
It is going to be a great Day for Jake.
Numerous resorts are celebrating the life and legacy of snowboard pioneer Jake Burton today by getting out and riding where you can, no matter where you are.
I thought that App Ski Mountain hit the nail on the head over on Facebook.
Today we celebrate the life and legacy of snowboard pioneer, Jake Burton. Across the globe people will be taking part in…
After some morning rain, the skies will clear up and it should turn out to be a pretty solid day over on the slopes.
This weekend is looking pretty solid and there is even some natural powder in the forecast for the northern part of the region. While it won’t be much (if any) accumulation, it will be great to have that nice coating of sweet natural snow.
For the latest slope conditions, be sure to check out the Snow Reports page.
A couple of notable items as we head into the weekend.
- It is a warm morning so there will be plenty of soft snow to play on.
- Coverage is still looking solid at most resorts. Remember, you can check out live views over at Resortcams.com.
- The ski areas are continuing to monitor the COVID 19 situation. Snowshoe posted the below statement on Facebook last night.
OPERATIONS UPDATE: At this time, we are conducting normally scheduled operations including this weekend’s Ballhooter…
- Massanutten also provided an update on their site. As of now, resorts are operating normally, but this is a fluid situation and could change. Be safe and follow all safety precautions.
- That said, the resorts have a busy weekend planned. Sunday is West Virginia Ski Free Day at Canaan Valley and Winterplace, while Bryce Resort and Wintergreen is hosting Winterfest to end the season.
That does it for today, but until next time, #ThinkSnow!
Like Us on Facebook! < The Best Ski Resort News Around! If you LIKE us you will automatically be eligible to win free lift tickets and other giveaways that we do all season long!
If you want to drop me an email or comment, feel free. Your thoughts, trip reports, input, suggestions or general commentaries are welcome.
Email me your thoughts, comments or any news to [email protected]