(Beckley, West Virginia) Winterplace Ski Resort will open Saturday, December 11th – for the 2010 – 2011 Ski Season. Winterplace will open with at least 14 trails and 4 lifts for skiing and riding. Winterplace will be offering Early Discount Season Rates.
Winterplace Early Season Schedule follows:
• Opening Day – Saturday, December 11th, through Friday, December 17th from 9am to 4:30pm.
• Snowtubing will open at a later date, please call or go to winterplace.com for up to date information.
Winterplace Regular Season Schedule follows:
• Begins – Saturday, December 18th, 2010 from 8am to 10pm.
• Weekday Hours of Operation: 9am to 10pm
• Weekend Hours of Operation: 8am to 10pm
“Winterplace has expanded the ski resort for the eighteenth consecutive year” said Terry Pfeiffer, president of Winterplace Ski Resort. Winterplace has increased their snowmaking power again this season by adding additional snowmaking equipment including 53 fully automated snow guns for a total of 87 fully automated snow guns”, said Terry Pfeiffer.
“In addition to our snowmaking improvements we have added a new terrain park on Hickory which is the trail just off the top of Chairlift 4. The new terrain park is more than double the size of our existing terrain park, said Pfeiffer.