WINTER MAKES A COMEBACK

HERE’S THE SKIER’S FORECAST FOR THE MIDATLANTIC AND SOUTHEAST RESORTS:
You won’t have to keep checking the calendar to know it’s Winter this week…

For WISP, TIMBERLINE and CANAAN…. Today will bring mostly cloudy skies and a 60% rain chance with temperatures in the middle 40’s. By late tonight, rain showers taper off late with temperatures eventually falling into the upper 20’s. Another round of moisture will provide some snow showers (40%) early Monday, possibly mixing with rain later in the afternoon as the mercury climbs to 37 degrees. Colder for Tuesday with a 60% chance of more snow.

At SNOWSHOE…. Highs today will be right around 40 degrees with rain likely, mainly after noon. As temperatures fall tonight, the leftover moisture will change over from rain to snow after midnight with lows in the middle 20’s. Continuing with a 40% snow chance on Monday with cooler temperatures only in the upper 20’s. Tuesday remains "deep freeze" territory with snow showers and highs in the middle 20’s.

WINTERGREEN, VA & OBER GATLINBURG, TN – A wet Sunday with a near 100% rain chance and temperatures in the low 50’s. More rain for tonight with temperatures holding in the middle and upper 30’s. Only a degree or two warmer for Monday afternoon with sunny skies. A cool down for Tuesday with a chance of flurries early in the day and an isolated rain shower for the afternoon for Ober Gatlinburg, cloudy for Wintergreen, with highs around 40 degrees.

HERE’S THE OUTLOOK FOR THE WESTERN NORTH CAROLINA MOUNTAINS….

A near 100% rain chance for the High Country today with a high around 50 degrees. By tonight, locally heavy rainfall will eventually change over to light snow in the wee hours of the morning with temperatures around the freezing mark. This will pave the way for a few scattered flurries or snow showers (20%) to start the day on Monday, with clouds on the decrease in the afternoon and temperatures warming up only into the upper 30’s. Clouds roll back in from the northwest on Tuesday with snow showers and highs in the middle 30’s.

SHARE
Previous articleMarti Rodgers Provides a Trip Report for Timberline
Next articleSunday will be rainy and yucky … and it isn’t pretty as more resorts close.
Mike Doble
Mike is the Editor and founder of SkiSoutheast.com, SkiNC.com and ResortCams.com. Since September 1996 he has posted more than 13,000 posts, articles, photos and videos promoting all of the ski areas of North Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia and Maryland.Mike is the father of four daughters, is an avid skier and enjoys golf, tennis, kayaking and hiking in the mountains. Winter snowsports and Summer boating on Watauga Lake are among his favorite pastimes.