WHERE DID WINTER GO?

HERE’S THE SKIER’S FORECAST FOR THE MIDATLANTIC AND SOUTHEAST RESORTS:
A mild and soggy weekend awaits…..

For WISP, TIMBERLINE and CANAAN…. . Friday wraps up the week with cloudy skies and a 60% rain chance as temperatures push into the middle 40’s. More rain overnight with lows in the middle 30’s. Through the weekend, look for occasional rain showers (60%) both Saturday and Sunday with highs in the low and middle 40’s and lows at night in the middle 30’s.

At SNOWSHOE…. A cloudy Friday with rain showers (50%) and temperatures in the lower 40’s. Through the weekend, look for occasional rain showers (60%) both Saturday and Sunday with highs in the middle and upper 40’s and lows at night in the lower 40’s.

WINTERGREEN, VA and OBER GATLINBURG…. A mild end to the workweek with only an isolated shower (20%) chance Friday afternoon (Wintergreen) and dry for Ober Gatlinburg with temperatures in the lower to middle 50’s. Rain showers will be more widespread (50%) kicking off the weekend on Saturday with middle and upper 50’s on the mercury. Wet weather again for Sunday (50%) with highs in the middle 50’s for Wintergreen (low 60’s for Ober Gatlinburg) and lows in the 40’s.

HERE’S THE OUTLOOK FOR THE WESTERN NORTH CAROLINA MOUNTAINS….

Clouds over the High Country Friday with an isolated afternoon shower (20%) and temperatures topping out around 50 degrees. The odds for rain go up for the start of the weekend with a 70% chance on Saturday as temperatures climb into the middle 50’s. Even warmer for Sunday with scattered showers (30%) and a high around 60 degrees. Overnight lows will be mild over the weekend with readings generally in the upper 30’s.