SUNNY SKIES FOR SUNDAY

HERE’S THE SKIER’S FORECAST FOR THE MIDATLANTIC AND SOUTHEAST RESORTS:

For WISP, TIMBERLINE & CANAAN….Skies will remain partly to mostly cloudy today with highs in the lower 20’s. Cloudy skies tonight with isolated snow showers (20%) developing and lows in the middle teens. Look for a 40% snow chance on Monday with a high around 26 degrees. Holding on to a 60% snow chance for Monday night and Tuesday with lows in the middle teens and highs around 20 degrees.

SNOWSHOE…. A cold one today with upper teens and sunshine. Cloudy skies move in for Monday, with snow making a comeback (40%) and highs in the mid 20’s. An 80% chance of snow Monday night into Tuesday with lows in the upper teens and highs in the middle 20’s.

WINTERGREEN…. More sunshine for today with a high temperature around 40 degrees. A bit on the cloudy side again by Monday with a 20% chance of rain or snow by the afternoon and highs in the low and middle 40’s. An 80% chance of rain, sleet and snow moves in Monday night with lows around 30 degrees. By Tuesday, temperatures hold steady in the low 30’s with an 80% snow chance.

OBER GATLINBURG…. A bit warmer for today with middle 40’s on the mercury and mostly sunny skies. Skies will be partly cloudy this evening with a low around 25 degrees. It will be a wet start to the work week, with a 30% rain chance on Monday and highs in the upper 40’s. More rain is likely (70%) Monday night and Tuesday with lows in the upper 30’s and highs in the upper 40’s.

HERE’S THE OUTLOOK FOR THE WESTERN NORTH CAROLINA MOUNTAINS….
A bit milder today with sunny skies and highs around 40 degrees. Increasing clouds by Monday with scattered rain showers (30% chance) and temperatures well above the freezing mark. More rain into Monday night (60%) with a mix of rain and sleet possible for late Tuesday as cooler air moves in from the northwest and mixes with remaining moisture over the High Country.

Submitted by Meteorologist Marcus Lynch