All but one of the resorts have announced their closing date of Sunday, March 31st. As Mike wrote yesterday, “We are only GUESSING that Cataloochee will close after day sessions on Sunday, and unless they extend the season a couple more days, that will make it 137 straight days of fun on the slopes for the Maggie Valley ski area.”
What we do know is that this upcoming Sunday, snow is in the forecast, for the closing resorts. Snowshoe looks like they will see, ‘a chance of rain and snow showers between 7am and 3pm’. Wisp has ‘a chance of rain and snow showers after 7am’. It is kind of exciting that it could be snowing on the closing day of the season!
As for today, it is fantastic out on the slopes with all resorts below freezing last night (22F at Snowshoe, 24F at Wisp, and 28F at Cataloochee). With sunshine throughout the region, the spring skiing only continues to get better!
3 resorts open with fantastic conditions today!
- Snowshoe Mountain:
- Clear skies, sunshine, and mild temperatures should make for another textbook spring skiing day here on the mountain.
- Groomed on 37 runs . . . We’ve got over 40 trails open including the entire Western Territory so it’s definitely worth the trip.
- Evolution and Progression Park are both open with super fun setups and the softer, spring snow is a little more forgiving and perfect for trying out some new things.
- The best part? Tomorrow’s forecast looks just as good as today. Get up here!
- Wisp: “We encourage everyone to take advantage of this last week of ski and snowboard operations for the 18.19 Winter Season. The chair lifts will stop for the season at 5:00pm on Sunday, March 31.”
- Open today on 14 runs and 3 lifts on a groomed / variable base.
- Cataloochee: Today we will be skiing and riding on a base of 20-60″ on 13 slopes and four lifts and offer one session: day skiing from 9am-4:30pm with a morning or afternoon half day rate available. The quad lift will not be running. We have 7 features in our terrain parks located on Upper Turkey Trot, Richards Run, and Short n Sweet.
- Today is Family Day and a child 17 and under will receive a free lift ticket when accompanied by a parent purchasing a full price adult day lift ticket.
Re-opening this weekend:
Massanutten: “Bonus Day! We will be closed Monday – Friday this week with the plan to open for one more Bonus Day on Saturday, March 30 from 9:00 am – 5:00 pm. As always, check back here for the most current information.”
Tubing MIGHT stay open beyond this Saturday, stay tuned for updates.
Until next year!
We’d REALLY LOVE IT…if you would:
Subscribe to Our YouTube Channel < For great Video Notifications
Like Us on Facebook! < The Best Ski Resort News Around! If you LIKE us you will automatically be eligible to win free lift tickets and other giveaways that we do all season long!
If you want to drop me an email or comment, feel free. Your thoughts, trip reports, input, suggestions or general commentaries are welcome.
Email me your thoughts, comments or any news to [email protected]