Southeast Ski Areas in for a Mild, Springlike Week Ahead!

Winter is definitely not over but Old Man Winter must be napping somewhere and Spring is doing its best to entice minds to think of things other than skiing and snowboarding.  We have some mild weather for the week ahead.  Here’s a breakdown by featured ski areas:

WISP IN MARYLAND – There is a 30% chance of rain today and highs around 68°. Tonight brings a 70% chance of rain and lows around 46°.  Friday should be cloudy with a 30% chance of more underdeveloped snow and a high of 62°. Saturday should be another spring-like day with variably cloudy skies and a 20% chance of rain and highs around 63°. Saturday night offers a 40% chance of rain and 45°. Sunday?  You guessed it…a 30% of rain with highs around 65°. Monday?  Okay you get the picture – 30% chance of rain and highs around 65°. Tuesday and Wednesday things cool down a good bit with highs in the mid 50s on Tuesday and 40° on Wednesday with a 40% chance of rain or snow mix.

CANAAN VALLEY AND TIMBERLINE RESORTS IN WEST VIRGINIA – Pretty much ditto the forecast for Wisp.  There’s only a degree or two difference in temps and the very same weather pattern.

SNOWSHOE MOUNTAIN WEST VIRGINIA – Look I’m not being lazy this morning but drop the temps by 3° across the board and you can ditto Wisp’s forecast.

For the North Carolina Mountains forecast visit

Until Next Time!

Check out  for more information and also be sure to check out  for more weather information about ski resorts to the north!

Be sure to email photos, snow reports and comments to: [email protected]

Previous articleSpringlike Weather for the Week Ahead in the North Carolina Mountains
Next articleSpringlike Temps and Plenty of Snow! Get Out and Enjoy It!
Mike Doble
Mike is the Editor and founder of, and Since September 1996 he has posted more than 13,000 posts, articles, photos and videos promoting all of the ski areas of North Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia and Maryland.Mike is the father of four daughters, is an avid skier and enjoys golf, tennis, kayaking and hiking in the mountains. Winter snowsports and Summer boating on Watauga Lake are among his favorite pastimes.