Today begins with “All is quiet on the Western Front”, but that is not quite how it will end. According to High Country Weather, Wisp is forecasted to be the big winner with 4-7″, total, by this time tomorrow! They are followed by Canaan/Timberline 4-6″, Snowshoe 3-5″, and 1-2″ for Winterplace.
The state of Virginia will also see some measureable snow (1-3″), with NC/TN only getting just over an inch at the highest elevations.
This morning might just be the calm before the storm (literally and figuratively) as the next couple of days we will see skier/rider visits skyrocket! Enjoy the slopes!
It is going to start snowing later this afternoon in WV . . . heavy accumulations tonight
- Snowshoe: ~1″ today. 2-4″ tonight.
- up to 55 runs open (50 yesterday) = 207 acres . . . New notable runs: Grab Hook, Black Bear, Shamrock, Camp 4 (delayed opening today), and Evolution (medium terrain park – delayed opening today).
- “We are expecting temps in the mid 20’s today with snowfall this afternoon into tomorrow and also tracking a storm this weekend!”
- Canaan Valley: ~1″ today. 3-5″ tonight.
- up to 26 runs open . . . including Dark Side of the Moon. (23 yesterday) . . . Packed Powder conditions
- XC skiing . . . Open with limited trails.
Shallow and light, with snow in the forecast for today.
- Timberline: ~1″ today. 3-5″ tonight.
- no real change in their snow report today . . . Snowmaking is on. 6 runs, 2 lifts, 12-48″ base with Groomed conditions.
- Let’s take a look:
- Winterplace: A slight chance of snow today. 1-2″ tonight!
- Picked up Trace snow last night
- Snowmaking is on.
The most snowfall happens at Wisp!
- Wisp: 1-2″ today. 3-5″ tonight
- 19 runs open (up from 18 yesterday)
- We got the deets on their new Central Park build . . . (9 Features) – 2 Jumps, Down Tube, Propane Tank, Double Elbow, Down Rail, Pole Jam Box, Bonk, Battleship Rail
- Snowmaking on 2 unopened, additional runs . . . Possum and Eye Opener.
Virginia will pick up a light snow today . . . more to come tonight
- Massanutten: Less than half an inch today. 1-2″ tonight
- Slope report . . . “The grooming crew has the snow looking fantastic again today with some smallish bumps on the left side of Diamond Jim.”
- Weather report . . . “Mostly cloudy with highs near 30 and 1″ – 3″ snow possible tonight.”
- Terrain park update . . . FREESTYLE FEATURES ON LOWER NUTTEN- TO-IT, PARK FEATURES TO MOVE TO CMB ON SAT.
- Wintergreen: Less than half an inch today. 1-2″ tonight
- One of this weekends features . . . take a snowcat ride in the evenings
- This Weekend at Wintergreen
- Omni: Less than 1″ today. 1-2″ tonight
- Today . . . Snowmaking is underway. 24″ base with Groomed and Packed Powder conditions.
- Mini-snowmobiles are ready and waiting
Bryce: Less than 1″ today. 1-2″ tonight
- Great video below on White Lightening (intermediate run)
NC is going to get some snow at the highest elevations
- Beech Mountain: less than 1″ today. Less than half an inch tonight.
- Trail count goes up today 10 runs open (7 yesterday)
- Packed Powder and Groomed Condtions
- Tubing reopened, but . . . Please call ahead for ice skating and tubing session times.
- App: Wintry mix begins this afternoon. Less than half an inch tonight.
- 100% open terrain!
- Revamped terrain parks . . . “All Terrain Parks are open with a variety of new features. “
- How high can you ollie tomorrow night . . . High Ollie Contest
- Cataloochee: No snow expected today/tonight
- We really appreciate the forewarning . . . “Upper Omigosh slope will be closed to complete our tree removal project this morning, but the double chair to the top will be running to the top to service Upper Snowbird trail.”
- Terrain park on Turkey Trot
- The Cataloochee Challenge Adult Recreational Race League begins tonight.
Wolf Ridge: No snow expected today/tonight
- 40″ groomed base, with 4 runs and 3 lifts open until 10pm.
- Sapphire: reopens tomorrow @ noon.
No measureable snow today/tonight at Ober
- Ober: “Temps stayed tight at the freezing mark last night, so we were unable to make snow with our traditional snowmaking system.”
- Gotta love it! . . . “Today’s forecast is not as desirable as other – but the old saying goes: there is no such thing as bad weather . . . only bad clothing”
- Tonight, “we have the Ober Gatlinburg Race program”
- Just so you know . . . “Tomorrow is the start of MLK weekend. We will switch to Holiday rates and hours Friday – Monday”.
That’s all for today.
We’d REALLY LOVE IT…if you would:
Subscribe to Our YouTube Channel < For great Video Notifications
Like Us on Facebook! < The Best Ski Resort News Around! If you LIKE us you will automatically be eligible to win free lift tickets and other giveaways that we do all season long!
If you want to drop me an email or comment, feel free. Your thoughts, trip reports, input, suggestions or general commentaries are welcome.
Email me your thoughts, comments or any news to [email protected]