NOT TERRIBLY COLD…. BUT VERY WINDY TODAY

HERE’S THE SKIER’S FORECAST FOR THE MIDATLANTIC AND SOUTHEAST RESORTS:

For WISP, TIMBERLINE & CANAAN….. A 40% chance of rain or snow showers Thursday with highs in the upper 30’s. Winds will gradually increase from the west around 40 mph. Chances for snow increase to 60% Thursday night with lows in the middle teens. Some lingering flurries Friday morning, then skies become partly cloudy with an high around 30 degrees.

SNOWSHOE…. Mostly cloudy for Thursday with a 30% chance of rain or snow and highs around 35 degrees. West winds will kick up to around 35 mph at times. Snow likely (60%) for Thursday night with a low around 10 degrees. A little cooler for the daytime on Friday with a 20% chance of light snow and temperatures topping out around 20 degrees.

WINTERGREEN…. Some patchy morning fog is possible with decreasing clouds for the afternoon. Winds will increase from the west to as high as 25 mph at times with temperatures warming into the low 50’s. Breezy conditions continue for the overnight period with a low in the upper teens. By Friday, skies will still be blue, but the mercury will only see temperatures warm into the middle 40’s.

OBER GATLINBURG…. Warming up for Thursday with mostly sunny skies and a high in the upper 50‘s. Clear and cool for Thursday night with lows in the upper 20’s. Friday and Saturday will be partly cloudy with temperatures only a degree or two cooler, in the middle 50’s.

HERE’S THE OUTLOOK FOR THE WESTERN NORTH CAROLINA MOUNTAINS….
A gusty day for the High Country Thursday with mostly sunny skies and highs in the middle 40’s. West winds could gust as high as 60 mph at times. Thursday night will be clear with a low around 29 and wind gusts up to 40 mph. The wind will be a little more settled for Friday with sunshine and highs in the low 40’s. The weekend will begin with sunshine and temperatures in the middle and upper 40’s.
Submitted by Meteorologist Marcus Lynch