The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

What is you best SkiNC memory?

Converse on all ski and snowboard subjects - All things skiing, snowboarding, Q&A, gear, etc.

Please attempt to keep all comments within this forum related to skiing or snowboarding related content.

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean! G-Rated)
grinderstation
Beginner

So I think 2006-ish some of my neighborhood buddies wanted me to organize a 'hood ski trip to nc. we happened to catch a weekend when Wolf was 100% open including the parts that burned, the ski tunnel, etc. So my buddy tim had skied I think once before. Ever. Of course after a few encouragement hammes we talked him into going to the top of the quad first run, down viewfinder to powder hill. I remember laughing until I cried at the carnage, tears freezing on my face. A few Ski-Nc-ers from that time period were present. I would ski a bit ahead of tim just to catch him. I remember being about 1/2 way down on powderhill between the quad lift line and where it meets broadway, and this ski goes booking by, which didn't make sense, until I I saw tim calump calump coming down on one ski and one sock.
davidski
Expert

nice description... every stray ski has a story
jbc28
Expert

Zeus wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:39 pm Too many to list. But surprised no one has mentioned the Snowshoe Campout. What a disaster/awesome time. Plus, I made their website.

Disaster/awesome is a perfect description.
skipink
Expert

Too many to list but my most memorable moment was at first tracks at Snowshoe the morning after becoming a CF, maybe 2009, and blindly following the boys down Sawmill despite being terrified. Thanks to all who pushed me far beyond anything I ever thought I could do!
"Nothing changes if nothing changes."