The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

The Official Skipink Snowshoe 2016 Trip Report

This is the spot to post your trail and trip reports. Please notify [email protected] when you do so that we can feature the better ones on the front of the website.
skipink
Expert

SkiSE Snowshoe Summit 2016! What a blast! The Captain America Crew arrived on Friday after lunch and we were on the slopes by mid afternoon. We skied the front until close and then moved to Silver Creek for night skiing. While the snow was pretty disappointing up at the Shoe, the snow at Silver Creek was great as usual. It was hard to quit but we had to be up early to meet up with everyone for the live remote.
Saturday we all met up with Mike and then the fun began. Photo ops, seeing friends and then onto the slopes! Balhooter, Widowmaker and PowderMonkey were all enjoyed and then onto the Western Territories in the morning and back to Silver Creek for the afternoon. Finally when our legs were screaming, it was back to Rimfire and the hot tub! Of course what happens in the hot tub, stays in the hot tub! Finally it was time for the party at Hoots. Mike had a fun time for all planned and plenty of swag for attendees.
And of course the culmination of the weekend with First Tracks at the Top of the World. How much better can it be getting the best (and fastest runs - Bultaco at 51.4) of the day on beautifully groomed corduroy. Of course it made it all the more appealing with the fresh snow falling.
Thank you Mike and SkiSE for giving us a wonderful time and especially for introducing us to friends, new and old!

Onto the pictures. Please feel free to tag yourself and please share your photos with us.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Nothing changes if nothing changes."
skipink
Expert

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

skipink
Expert

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

skipink
Expert

And of course saving the best for last...Image

spydeeTJB
Intermediate

Great pics Pink! Hope everybody had safe travels home. Did anyone else see the F15 flyover this afternoon? It came in from east and did a sweet high-bank uturn over WT. That Mike really has connections!
davidski
Expert

skipink wrote:Image

I told you not to poach that line!!!

great pictures, thanks for getting it started I'll piggy back some on here to later--- hey, we agreed to trade goggles right?
davidski
Expert

Although I have a lot of pictures not so many are great this time but I did get some pretty good people pictures, and isn't that what the summits are all about? a blatantly rhetorical question.... and finally making first tracks was well worth it... I felt special. I still do

Anyway here we go

theKENDOG
Expert
Tagline: WOOO!!!

Such an awesome weekend. Always is.
WOOOOOO!

MrClemsonKeri
Expert

look i am on the internet I AM FAMOUS now. YAY
davidski
Expert

a famous SKIER