The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

New High Speed lift and relocating existing at Sugar!

Converse on all ski and snowboard subjects - All things skiing, snowboarding, Q&A, gear, etc.

Please attempt to keep all comments within this forum related to skiing or snowboarding related content.

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean! G-Rated)
2slikstix
Expert
Tagline: Tree Whore

New 6 pack high speed lift at Sugar for the '15-'16 Season Yeah we have all heard it ...but personally I Cant Wait!!! Its what Sugar has needed for many seasons now. Hats off to the Sugar Mountain owners for expanding and upgrading. The relocation of the old yellow lift to Gunthers Way will be a very welcome addition as well. Gunther's way has quickly become my favorite Slope in the South.
"You mean there is Two of them??"
"it's about 10 very heavy inches. I can drive it but it sure will be slow"
jt3
Intermediate

Check their cams. It's happening...!
theKENDOG
Expert
Tagline: WOOO!!!

Cables and chairs have been removed. Towers are coming down beginning this week apparently.
WOOOOOO!

L Bear
Beginner

I'm getting all hot and heavy just thinking about this. Any word/rumors about lighting Gunther's Way?
2slikstix
Expert
Tagline: Tree Whore

We could hope that while they are running the towers and cables some light poles will go in as well. THAT would be awesome
"You mean there is Two of them??"
"it's about 10 very heavy inches. I can drive it but it sure will be slow"
L Bear
Beginner

Or if they wanted to keep consistent with the rest of the mountain, they'd just slap the lighting circuit up on some trees and call it a day. It's not up to code, but none of us are complaining.
dreamnofpow
Expert

They need to retrofit and upgrade with LED, have Gunther PM me or call me I can make it happen.
THA HATTER
Beginner

I could be wrong but I believe last year when they first announced Gunther's they said it would be lit for night skiing. I've only been during the day but I already thought they had lights over there. However, I'm mega stoked on the lift. I learned at Sugar and it'll always be one of my favs.
L Bear
Beginner

I never saw it lit at night last season.
THA HATTER
Beginner

lots of progress on the base cam. old lift is down. cranes are out. stuff is happening.