The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

theKENDOG's most accurate weather joint

This is the place to post your weather comments, photos, questions, maps and insight.
davidski
Expert

Goddammit... I am going to miss all of this because I agreed to play a goddam private party gig on friday night, two hours and a hundred goddam dollars is going to cost me access to the best storm in years

I can still leave early am Sat.? HA!! all interstates will be shut into WV never mind the roads to the Canaan Valley

NEVER,, NEVER Ever commit to anything that does not have a snowstorm exit clause in late january Feb.
theKENDOG
Expert
Tagline: WOOO!!!

If I had a choice right now I think I'd head to Wintergreen or Massanutten Saturday. They are going to get walloped.
WOOOOOO!

theKENDOG
Expert

Just for fun, here's the latest snowfall output from the GFS through Sunday at 1am. NOT A FORECAST.
20160119_231555.jpg
Pretty much have every ski resort in VA and WV gets hammered. NC not as much but still a healthy dose.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
WOOOOOO!

theKENDOG
Expert

The overnight Euro run is looking good too. Basically, right now both major models are showing West Virginia and especially the Virginia resorts getting crushed. Saturday and Sunday could be EPIC up there. The North Carolina resorts are where the uncertainty lies. We need the upper and surface low pressures to track further south as depicted in the Euro as to avoid any sleet/freezing rain crud that could mix in.
WOOOOOO!

grinderstation
Beginner

Getting fired up for this. might even be a meadow opening...
skipanther
Advanced

I was hoping to get Friday off but it was denied,damn,whoever is skiing on Friday is lucky ducky!WV is going to be epic on Friday!
skipanther
Advanced

I'm hoping for storm after storm and no let up on the temps for the next 2 months!
beeesmitty
Beginner
Tagline: I heard you know Bofa

Man, it sure is quiet around here with this impending epic weekend ahead!!!!!
theKENDOG
Expert

The SREF Plumes for Boone look fantastic. Showing an average of 18 inches.

In general, the models have trended colder today and we have less of a warm nose aloft to deal with for the High Country. That means less mixing of freezing rain/sleet.
WOOOOOO!

theKENDOG
Expert

Might as well show other areas....Here's the SREF plume for the area by Wintergreen and Massanutten. Shows an average of 24 inches or so.

WOOOOOO!