The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

More Snow This Week?

This is the place to post your weather comments, photos, questions, maps and insight.
Hell_on_Heels
Beginner

I see some snow in the forecast for Banner Elk on Friday/Saturday right in time for my vacation! Anyone have any better information on that? The weather site I use is pretty vague. Kind of worried about driving conditions on Saturday when we are driving up.

Thanks!
GrizzlyEnton
Advanced

Redux
davidski
Expert

looks good

GrizzlyEnton
Advanced

theKENDOG
Expert
Tagline: WOOO!!!

@davidski 285527 wrote:looks good

An area of warm air in the 850mb-700mb layer might make for a mess in the afternoon on Friday. Hopefully it can change over to snow pretty quickly and northwest flow can add to what they've been able to make this week. The first half of next week looks warm once ridging returns.
WOOOOOO!

skia4life89
Intermediate

@theKENDOG 285553 wrote:An area of warm air in the 850mb-700mb layer might make for a mess in the afternoon on Friday. Hopefully it can change over to snow pretty quickly and northwest flow can add to what they've been able to make this week. The first half of next week looks warm once ridging returns.

Have you seen anything for this "massive" storm for next thurs/friday (29/1)? I dont really know much about maps, but I enjoy looking at them and all of them show a huge storm coming at the end of next week. Its creating quite the buzz on accuweather forums. Alot of the guys over there are saying that right now it could go either way. Rain or snow. I know its a long ways away and anything can change, but I am hoping it pans out to be a good snow for us.
theKENDOG
Expert
Tagline: WOOO!!!

@skia4life89 285613 wrote:Have you seen anything for this "massive" storm for next thurs/friday (29/1)? I dont really know much about maps, but I enjoy looking at them and all of them show a huge storm coming at the end of next week. Its creating quite the buzz on accuweather forums. Alot of the guys over there are saying that right now it could go either way. Rain or snow. I know its a long ways away and anything can change, but I am hoping it pans out to be a good snow for us.

Nah doesn't look that great for NC based on the Euro model. Front moves through early Wednesday with rain. Colder air doesn't arrive til that night. Probably some northwest flow showers though Wednesday night and into Thursday.

A much better system looks to arrive next Saturday. That's a long way away though so don't take it as a concrete forecast.
WOOOOOO!

Hell_on_Heels
Beginner

I just hope they make an a$$ton of snow while it's cold. Looks like it warms up quickly next week. I will be up Sunday - Wednesday. Glad I got the jacket with the pit vents per your suggestions!
RMacSki
Advanced

This weekend or next for Beech? I can't really tell. Trying to avoid a repeat of rain/fog hell frozen over that I did last year.
2014-2015 Days On: Like a billion already.
GrizzlyEnton
Advanced

This weekend won't be all that bad, guns on, probably but the base has gotten pretty deep at beech their snow making continues to impress.

I stand by my earlier comment.

NUT

@GrizzlyEnton 285546 wrote: