The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Weather turn around coming?

This is the place to post your weather comments, photos, questions, maps and insight.
skia4life89
Intermediate

There seems to be a lot of buzz around the upcoming cold and pattern change next week. I hope to God that it is not over hyped like everything else this year and it actually happens. I have got my fingers crossed that this is true because this season has SUCKED from day 1. Not to be negative but these past 2 season have made me seriously think about hanging up skis and finding a new hobby. I hate loving something so much and it cant just be cold and snowy when it is supposed too. I guess its just the name of the game where we live though.

Sorry for the rant, but I am praying for snow and cold. WE NEED IT.
StealthBoarder
Expert

Have you thought about moving out of the southeast?

I definitely have given it some thought lately.
skia4life89
Intermediate

@StealthBoarder 284920 wrote:Have you thought about moving out of the southeast?

I definitely have given it some thought lately.

haha as much as I love it here, I defiantly think I will move on when I finish school. For a few years atleast. Thinking about trying to find a job in Denver of SLC to get it out of my system for a few years then come back.
StealthBoarder
Expert

@skia4life89 284921 wrote:haha as much as I love it here, I defiantly think I will move on when I finish school. For a few years atleast. Thinking about trying to find a job in Denver of SLC to get it out of my system for a few years then come back.

That's a good goal to have. I've served my time here in the Southeast (20+ years) so if I can find an opportunity to move out west I'll take the leap.

We take what we can get here. Season after season its always a roll of the dice as to how good the winter will be. Having a crappy back to back season definitely makes you wonder if its worth sticking around especially with the vast amount of terrain available in other parts of the country that tend to have much better and longer seasons.
theKENDOG
Expert
Tagline: WOOO!!!

Here's the GFS for Boone. Obviously it'll be colder on top of Beech and Sugar.

Temps plummet Tuesday.

Here's the extended range. A brief warmup before more cold arrives. Notice the snow depth in Boone. Hopefully this pans out.

WOOOOOO!

skia4life89
Intermediate

that looks pretty good. Hopefully there wont be as much wind as there has been so they can lay down some good snow.
jamsandwich
Expert

frozen dreams....
bennyG19
Beginner

@skia4life89 284919 wrote:There seems to be a lot of buzz around the upcoming cold and pattern change next week. I hope to God that it is not over hyped like everything else this year and it actually happens. I have got my fingers crossed that this is true because this season has SUCKED from day 1. Not to be negative but these past 2 season have made me seriously think about hanging up skis and finding a new hobby. I hate loving something so much and it cant just be cold and snowy when it is supposed too. I guess its just the name of the game where we live though.

Sorry for the rant, but I am praying for snow and cold. WE NEED IT.

I had not bought a season pass in 15 years. I bought a season pass last year and it was a terrible year. I bought a season pass again this year, and it's been even worse than last year! I think I'm cursed.
skipanther
Advanced

@bennyG19 284973 wrote:I had not bought a season pass in 15 years. I bought a season pass last year and it was a terrible year. I bought a season pass again this year, and it's been even worse than last year! I think I'm cursed.Don't buy a season pass and the ski areas might start getting good seasons!I don't understand anybody buying a season pass down here unless they live right next to the mountain!
skipink
Expert

@bennyG19 284973 wrote:I had not bought a season pass in 15 years. I bought a season pass last year and it was a terrible year. I bought a season pass again this year, and it's been even worse than last year! I think I'm cursed.

So you are admitting it's your fault!
"Nothing changes if nothing changes."