The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

all-time high temperatures

This is the place to post your weather comments, photos, questions, maps and insight.
Dracan6
Expert
Tagline: Ready, set, see ya'!

I got all I needed to do early in the morning then shut all the blinds and played Skyrim. So technicly I spent most of my time "eduring the heat wave" In a dark 70 degree room exploring vast snow filled mountainous landscapes, battling Ice spiders, Ice trolls etc... As a matter of fact I think I will do that today as well. There is no better way to endure a stressor than denying its existence. Maybe I'll just totally put off the thought that there is an outside for a while... Until October-ish Maybe?

Kinda like hibernation. :cool:
17-18 Just a wk at Breck. "Got Oxegen?" Is real!
Dracan6
Expert
Tagline: Ready, set, see ya'!

@Bronco 275928 wrote:Sounds like you need to get a FULL refund from your AC company.;)

We hit 108* here. Good thing I had free beer all day yesterday.

IDK Bo. I dont think any amount of free beer would make 108* degree weather with our SE oppressive humidity coupled together bearable for me.

But, I'm sure the beer help you endure. :cool:
17-18 Just a wk at Breck. "Got Oxegen?" Is real!
Ski Bunny
Advanced

Heat index hit 118 before the storms moved in
THA HATTER
Beginner

Heat index hit 115 in Myrtle. Temp was hovering at around 100. Some nice thigh to waist high surf rolling in both days. Kept cool throwing buckets
davidski
Expert

@skipink 275926 wrote:And give the man a chicken dinner! Keeps tripping the breaker if we run both upstairs and downstairs units at the same time. We opted for the upstairs and went to bed early.;)

You should get to know someone in the HVAC business ...oh, it sounds like that's just what you were doing
2slikstix
Expert
Tagline: Tree Whore

She was just resting her head in his lap..........Actively
"You mean there is Two of them??"
"it's about 10 very heavy inches. I can drive it but it sure will be slow"
Ski Bunny
Advanced

Finally some cooler weather in the 80's! 'Bout time
JCTay
Beginner

http://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-n ... ld-m/36990