The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Gettimg closer

This is the place to post your weather comments, photos, questions, maps and insight.
THA HATTER
Beginner

@mommehK 276112 wrote:Anyone considering ponying up $800 for the NC Gold Card Pass?

Always thought about it, Just so expensive. I'll be getting a Beech pass. And possibly a night pass to App.
dreamnofpow
Expert

Unless you live in the Mtns near the participating ski areas the Gold Pass is a waste of money IMO.
yardsale
Expert

Definitely doing the silver pass this year
:D :) ;) :( :o :shock: :? 8-) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :geek: :ugeek:
swamphox
Expert

been seeing ground fogs a lot of mornings....hope the trend continues

supposed to be a 50% chance for el nino this winter as well
Live slow, die whenever.....

Days on Snow 22-23
Cat 5
app 1
sugar 1
ober 1
winterplace 2
Homewood 3
mmmtaters
Advanced

@yardsale 276175 wrote:Definitely doing the silver pass this year

No doubt... it's the best deal out of any available in NC...
josh27292
Beginner

Not sure if I'm missing something I know of a gold pass but I've never heard of the silver pass. Anyone have a link?
Dracan6
Expert
Tagline: Ready, set, see ya'!

I'm not sure for NC. I have never seen silver pass/card here, but normally a silver pass at resorts out west are the same as the gold passes. The difference is they are a bit cheaper and they have black out dates through holidays and sometimes on the peak season weekends. Something along the lines of; you cant use your silver pass during the week of X-mas to New years day, 3 days around MLK and presidents day, or Saturdays in Jan or Feb etc... Somthin like that.

Why dont someone throw some info out about this NC silver pass. I'm curious as well.
17-18 Just a wk at Breck. "Got Oxegen?" Is real!
yardsale
Expert

They dont really advertise it and its limited quantities like the gold pass but for like $400 or $450 i camt remember it lets you choose any 2 nc resorts for the season. You have to call the same number as the gold pass office and theyll hook you up
:D :) ;) :( :o :shock: :? 8-) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :geek: :ugeek:
mmmtaters
Advanced

Are you still thinking App and Beech, yard? I called and they said that they "should" be on sale sometime in August for $495 and there are no black outs involved, Dracan... so they said.
fishorski
Beginner

@MikeO 276109 wrote:Figure I'm back in on the Ober season pass again this year. Hard to pass on considering its 1/2 price.

+4