The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

March Conditions Thread

This is the place to post your weather comments, photos, questions, maps and insight.
jamsandwich
Expert

They should open oz as a park next season.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
THA HATTER
Beginner

@jamsandwich 271489 wrote:They should open oz as a park next season.

I've always thought that! Wonder if they ever thought it?
RMacSki
Advanced

@jamsandwich 271489 wrote:They should open oz as a park next season.

wouldn't that require more snowmaking capacity though? If the resources that are being used on meadows and PB are moved up to OZ, what happens to meadows and PB?
2014-2015 Days On: Like a billion already.
THA HATTER
Beginner

Beginners everywhere! lol not that they keep beginners off of PB anyways.

More blowers, High speed quad, and put the entire park back there. Like a 5-6 jump line and a sold rail line top to bottom on one side. Park pass only like App.

It'd be sick
jamsandwich
Expert

I would volunteer some hours to maintain that. Not that it is a possibility though, think of the blue run groomer cruisin' families! Where would the possibly work on their low speed turns?!?!?
skipink
Expert

Hey! I resemble that remark.
"Nothing changes if nothing changes."
mmmtaters
Advanced

If Oz was used as a park, it would either have to be one with small features or they'd have to learn how to shape better drops (approaches). The pitch on Oz is not conducive to speed. If an entire run is dedicated to park, it must have flow and spacing that would allow people to hit all of the features. Imagine that long of a run on which you could hit every feature... It would make riding so much more fun and heady pov would be sick when following someone... hit after hit after hit after hit...
skipink
Expert

You could just make the park under the Oz lift?
"Nothing changes if nothing changes."
jamsandwich
Expert

It could happen. Flow in pb tonight was not smooth either. Still fun