The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

March Conditions Thread

This is the place to post your weather comments, photos, questions, maps and insight.
teledave
Expert

Ober and Wolf Ridge close Tues after Prez Day, Beech after first w/e in March, App makes it until the last w/e in March, Sugar and Cat either March 12 or 19. Time will tell how close that prediction is.
Plans for 2015: To ski more than you
dreamnofpow
Expert

Doesn't really matter since you don't ski.
bamapilot
Expert

@theKENDOG 271189 wrote:I highly doubt resorts will close up the middle of February. Maybe one or two like Ober, but the majority will try to make it til March at least.

They can try all they like, if they have no snow they have no choice. Now with saying that, I think that most will make it to the first weekend of March, some won't.
THA HATTER
Beginner

I def think everyone will try to make first weekend in March. Sugar / App being the last two to remain open. Although I feel Sugar has had a harder time dealing with the warmer spells than Beech this year.
RMacSki
Advanced

As much snow as Beech has been pumping last week and counting - they've gotta be able to maintain a week or two into march. White lightening was either open or getting poached hard on Saturday night. They had no machines blowing on it at the time though. I saw at least 25 people going down it.
2014-2015 Days On: Like a billion already.
skipanther
Advanced

@teledave 271194 wrote:Ober and Wolf Ridge close Tues after Prez Day, Beech after first w/e in March, App makes it until the last w/e in March, Sugar and Cat either March 12 or 19. Time will tell how close that prediction is.Sounds about accurate,might add WP and Canaan V make to the 3rd weekend,SS closes early on the 2nd weekend and TL makes it to the last weekend.The ones in Virginia only make it to the 1st weekend if that.
skipanther
Advanced

@dreamnofpow 271212 wrote:Doesn't really matter since you don't ski.HAHAA!
THA HATTER
Beginner

@RMacSki 271256 wrote:As much snow as Beech has been pumping last week and counting - they've gotta be able to maintain a week or two into march. White lightening was either open or getting poached hard on Saturday night. They had no machines blowing on it at the time though. I saw at least 25 people going down it.

I was wondering if they were going to try and open it. Man I wish they would...

Poaching it would have been fun though.
theKENDOG
Expert
Tagline: WOOO!!!

@mtbartlett 271262 wrote:I was wondering if they were going to try and open it. Man I wish they would...

Poaching it would have been fun though.

It won't open this year.
WOOOOOO!

THA HATTER
Beginner

You really think they have abandoned the meadows as well? Hard to tell by the cam but it looks groomed.