The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

March Conditions Thread

This is the place to post your weather comments, photos, questions, maps and insight.
RMacSki
Advanced

Since Feb is still looking grim, and I'm pretty busy all month anyway, I wanted to know in general how March skiing conditions are at Beech and other nearby ski areas.

Specifically, will there still be decent skiing this coming March? as this winter is much different than normal.

Last year, first weekend of Feb, the bartender at Cat told me to come back on my birthday (march 18th- after looking at my ID) because they will still have good snow. I'm pretty sure Cat closed like a week or 2 into March last season.

Anyways, this can also serve as an official March conditions thread or something...
2014-2015 Days On: Like a billion already.
dreamnofpow
Expert

Ask P-NESS.
jamsandwich
Expert

last year, after the greatness that was dec - early feb, most resorts closed with snow still on the hills in the middle of march. this season, some resorts will be lucky to still be open if the weather stays the same.
Ski Bunny
Advanced

The way things are going, we may be water skiing by March.
bamapilot
Expert

With the current weather patterns we have been experiencing, I see many resorts closing late Feb-early March. I wouldn't hold out hope for March.
skipanther
Advanced

Would be nice if all that cold over in Europe found a way to get over here!
carvebeast
Advanced

@bamapilot 270635 wrote:With the current weather patterns we have been experiencing, I see many resorts closing late Feb-early March. I wouldn't hold out hope for March.

man i hope thats not the case. at least this first week in feb. has shaped up quite nicely, blowing temps at night for a week straight has been rare this year.
skipanther
Advanced

Yeah I was hoping Februrary would gradually get colder as cold air from Alaska and Europe found its way to the Carolinas!One could hope!
teledave
Expert

I'd look for closings to start right after Prez Day weekend. Places are going to cut their losses.
Plans for 2015: To ski more than you
theKENDOG
Expert
Tagline: WOOO!!!

@teledave 271187 wrote:I'd look for closings to start right after Prez Day weekend. Places are going to cut their losses.

I highly doubt resorts will close up the middle of February. Maybe one or two like Ober, but the majority will try to make it til March at least.
WOOOOOO!