The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

So I'm coming to terms with the fact that its never gonna snow

This is the place to post your weather comments, photos, questions, maps and insight.
Kelly K
Beginner

NOAA just issued some warnings for northern WV. This includes the area that TL/CV are in. SS also has a winter warning that is calling for 3-7 inches there :>)

...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 9 PM THIS EVENING TO

6 PM EST FRIDAY...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN PITTSBURGH HAS ISSUED A WINTER

WEATHER ADVISORY FOR SNOW AND BLOWING SNOW WHICH IS IN EFFECT

FROM 9 PM THIS EVENING TO 6 PM EST FRIDAY.

* HAZARD TYPES...SNOW AND BLOWING SNOW

* ACCUMULATIONS...3 TO 5 INCHES RIDGES AND I-80 CORRIDOR WITH 2 TO

4 INCHES ELSEWHERE.
Kelly K
Beginner

And out west... Vail/BC has received 15 inches in the last week- 4 inches of that was today. Its not a ton but its a start :)
Bronco
Expert

@Kelly K. 268290 wrote:And out west... Vail/BC has received 15 inches in the last week- 4 inches of that was today. Its not a ton but its a start :)

Yes,yes it is! Hopefully it's the start of a better pattern out there as my countdown to my trip out there is at 41 days.:>)
apxskir
Beginner

Bronco - I am with you. My trip out west is less than 30 days. I am crossing my fingers as well. But, we have to believe that going out west in Feb/March will be fine. Best months for good snow.
Kelly K
Beginner

Beaver Creek got 9 inches yesterday and Vail got 10! They also posted on their FB page a really nice picture a storm track change that looks VERY favorable for them and the resorts in that whole area.
Ski Bunny
Advanced

Looks like spring returns this weekend....ugghh
mommehK
Expert

61 degrees and rain...and more rain

Mother Nature SUUUUUUUUUUCKS!!!!
skipanther
Advanced

The Winter of lameness continues,if only Februrary and March are especially cold and snowy,then there might be some redemption!
yardsale
Expert

@skipanther 268949 wrote:The Winter of lameness continues,if only Februrary and March are especially cold and snowy,then there might be some redemption!

Boo hoo
:D :) ;) :( :o :shock: :? 8-) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :geek: :ugeek:
skipanther
Advanced

@yardsale 268950 wrote:Boo hoo????