The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Bryce Resort 2-5-19

This is the spot to post your trail and trip reports. Please notify [email protected] when you do so that we can feature the better ones on the front of the website.
davidski
Expert

Finally made it to Bryce Resort in Virginia. I did not fly in but I admired the fact that the office where pilot's check in is also the designated library. I imagine books and skis being constantly transported, to and fro. That leaves only two others in the Southeast for me. My delay in getting to Bryce was by no means personal but just an issue of driving time and location. Very happy to have spent an afternoon there with all of their runs holding a good base. A quiet Tuesday when I could talk and ski with patrollers who've been on the mountain since 1981.

boredtoo
Beginner

I've had some fun there.. glad you enjoyed it.
pagamony
Advanced

very cool. always wondered about that place. Would love to have something like that nearby.

it looks like you basically flew back from Colorado, got in your car, and drove to Wisp, then to Bryce. Are you ever going back to Sax ? Or is this like Endless Winter ?
davidski
Expert

well this time I got back and am heading to the Summit, but im pretty sick

not endless maybe two more day trips if things hold til april, it has been a good one