The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Wolf Ridge - Jan 26

This is the spot to post your trail and trip reports. Please notify [email protected] when you do so that we can feature the better ones on the front of the website.
SouthernShred

As someone that had only skied at Wolf once before ( ~10 years ago in what was a very subpar experience which lead me to make Cataloochee my go to hill) I have to say that I was impressed this go around. The conditions were great (especially considering they had been down to just 4 runs open a few days earlier) and the only real icy areas were the narrow, high-traffic parts of runs. The lift lines were just a few minutes at most around lunch and all of the employees were very friendly. It would have been nice to have had more of the mountain open, but what was open was a lot of fun and I do think Wolf has some really good, varied terrain. There were still some issues, but nothing major and it was a great day of riding.

Basically, give Wolf a shot if you haven't been in awhile.
brigand
Beginner

Bought a discounted lift ticket again this year, just waiting for them to open up most, if not all of their terrain - It's 4 hours from Cary so I'm not driving up for 4 green trails. Still waiting.

I get it, it was a tough early January but what are they waiting on? I assume they are riding some financial line of visitors vs costs, but the biggest weekend for skiing has passed, and they had 4 greens open. I realize they finally opened a few more trails, but we're halfway through the season. Cat is 30 mins away and has had multiple days fully open already this season.
ROYMERCER
Intermediate

They have 8 runs open the last 3 days and will probably be at 10 tomorrow. They also don't hesitate opening runs with natural coverage only when they can . We were there the last 3 days and had a lot of fun. Trust me , there are a couple of trails open now that are not greens.
2020-2021 days skiing
CAT= 2
APP=
WOLF=
MASSANUTTEN=
TIMBERLINE=
CANAAN VALLEY=
SAPPHIRE=1
swamphox
Expert

If the people im charge of their group rates still have an easy going attitude its a great place for discounted lift tix. Grab some newfound friends from the full price lift ticket lines, walk over with a group of 8....discount!
Live slow, die whenever.....

Days on Snow 22-23
Cat 5
app 1
sugar 1
ober 1
winterplace 2
Homewood 3