The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Colorado and Canada around Feb. 2, 2018

This is the spot to post your trail and trip reports. Please notify [email protected] when you do so that we can feature the better ones on the front of the website.
davidski
Expert

without trying to talk too much, which is difficult for me, here's a short TR, there should be a longer article later. I was at Colorado for the trade show and then went to Canada due to poor conditions.

The trade show, I find it a little tiresome but good to see what companies I like

Sunday morning Berthoud pass

Loveland that afternoon, it was really good. I just like this picture but conditions were never that sparse

On snow demo at copper, so much frickin vibe... but I'll write more about that later

THEN ... Canada

Red Mountain, nearest city Rossland (it's only 6 miles away, and it's really not a city) but Red really is a mountain, actually three mountains -- I'm already talking too much

Then Whitewater, I don't even know what to say about whitewater, it's one of the most amazing places I have ever been. It is as extreme as you wish it to be, and is the friendliest gateway to Backcountry I have seen but everyone is equipped and knows what they are up to. I want to go back there again next year and take some avy courses with them, which by the way they offer on demand with a certain group number. It was amazing.

Last edited by davidski on Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
davidski
Expert

So there it is, it's incomplete but does that count as a trip report, been a long time since I've done one -- the pictures are kind of a hassle
spydeeTJB
Intermediate

I can stare at that last pic for hours.
Looks like you scored some good snow in Canada.
dreamnofpow
Expert

Nice mini TR DS. Way to chase the snow conditions.
davidski
Expert

I posted a full version today on the front page..... I'm going back, and all my pleas to say adios to the "epic" are summed up there
RMacSki
Advanced

sweet!
2014-2015 Days On: Like a billion already.
pagamony
Advanced

David my friend that really is great. I think you have a rare gift for this work.