The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Ober Gatlinburg MLK saturday

This is the spot to post your trail and trip reports. Please notify [email protected] when you do so that we can feature the better ones on the front of the website.
swamphox
Expert

tragically not a lot of bama shirts, blue jeans or real tree. i think the cold kept them away.
Due to it raining and being in the upper 40s for two days prior and then freezing hard overnight everything was pretty icy but fun still. Top speed on ski tracker was 48. it had snowed about an inch or two prior to my arrival in the am. the bottom seemed to have absorbed all the powder, it was powdery in the lift line all day.

not quite first chair but close

I wish Id brought my stuff to tune my skis. mogul was icy but still pretty fun

looking down ober chute. there was a fun little kicker to the right

grizzly was fun and its been yrs since Ive seen it open. However there was a large section, 50 yards or so that was completely covered in golf ball to baseball sized death cookies

The mid lift line portojohn for all your hike to toilet needs

hadnt seen alpine way open in a while either so there u go...

this was about the biggest the crowd got...so if you stuck to the harder stuff you pretty much had the run to yourself

visibility is very important

https://youtu.be/pUtYoB2VxW4
Live slow, die whenever.....

Days on Snow 22-23
Cat 5
app 1
sugar 1
ober 1
winterplace 2
Homewood 3