The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Jackson and Targhee

This is the spot to post your trail and trip reports. Please notify [email protected] when you do so that we can feature the better ones on the front of the website.
jt3
Intermediate

IMG_1558.JPG
Got to Jackson Sunday. Really shocked how little snow is around town, outside of the hill. I've never seen a January like this.

Had a good uncrowded day on Monday doing groomer laps. Snow on the groomers was soft and firm if that makes sense. Very thin in all the areas we usually hit.. Main runs are fine. but the woods are way thin. Stayed on the groomers, but had fun!

Underdeveloped snow followed by proper snow and low vis on Tuesday. So fun on the side hits, especially where wind loaded. In the late afternoon, we did a little sightseeing in the Grand Teton NP. Got to see some buffalo chillin..

Today we hit Targhee. Grand Fogee lived up to its name today, but was fluffy and fun as hell! Around 8 in fell today.

More snow on the way for us. Will post more when I can.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by jt3 on Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.
jt3
Intermediate

How do I post a vid on here? Drag and drop of an mp4 isn't working for me..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
theKENDOG
Expert
Tagline: WOOO!!!

jt3 wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:21 pm How do I post a vid on here? Drag and drop of an mp4 isn't working for me..
Add it to YouTube, Vimeo, or Streamable first. We don't allow video uploads.
WOOOOOO!

jt3
Intermediate

Nice surprise today. Fresh speed groomers followed by refills in the woods. Finally! snow machine started up and 10a is still puking. nice! tomorrow is gonna be on... Traffic in and out of Jackson today. I bet the locals just hate this.

Im either kooking on this drag and drop with pics or its just weird....
jt3
Intermediate

somewhere around 16in last night. was a good morning. had an all time top three run down the gondi this morning. crowded and tracked out quickly...

one from off AV this morning.
theKENDOG
Expert
Tagline: WOOO!!!

jt3 wrote:somewhere around 16in last night. was a good morning. had an all time top three run down the gondi this morning. crowded and tracked out quickly...

one from off AV this morning.
You should hit up jamsandwich. He lives out there now and could show you some good spots I bet.
WOOOOOO!

jt3
Intermediate

Oh man. That would have been solid. I’m down in low tide Breckenridge now. Here until the end of the month. Come On UllR
swamphox
Expert

Really cool to see Buffalo. One of my coworkers grew up abt 20 min from targhee. I used to jokingly say that I was the best skier in GA at my weight. he's a big man (think nfl lineman) and can shred due to spending most of his teen yrs there
Live slow, die whenever.....

Days on Snow 22-23
Cat 5
app 1
sugar 1
ober 1
winterplace 2
Homewood 3