The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Park City 12-24 to 27

This is the spot to post your trail and trip reports. Please notify [email protected] when you do so that we can feature the better ones on the front of the website.
brigand
Beginner

Just thought I'd drop a couple pictures from my family Christmas trip to Park City for anyone who is thinking about going out this year. Probably waiting later in the season is better, but we don't want to take the kids out of school, so Christmas is it.

Anyhow, not a lot was open from my perspective - but for my daughters (7 and 5) and wife it was more than enough. I got to ride for 3 days, and rented skis for 1. I did get one morning with a few inches of real powder on a couple trails, though it was gone the next day, groomed into corduroy. Even did some blue moguls one day (on skis of course, I won't touch 'em on a snowboard.) The gondola to Canyons was still closed, appropriately opening the day we flew out. And good lord the crowds - 30-45 minutes to get on the Silverlode lift. Still, we had a good trip; I would love to go back some time by myself and just explore everything when it's open, but subpar skiing is still better than not skiing :)

01-04.JPG
02-02.JPG
03-04.JPG
03-06.JPG
03-11.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
theKENDOG
Expert
Tagline: WOOO!!!

My wife and I have a trip planned out there for February. She's never been out west. With the terrible season so far, we're contemplating going on a cruise somewhere tropical instead haha.
WOOOOOO!

brigand
Beginner

theKENDOG wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:38 am My wife and I have a trip planned out there for February. She's never been out west. With the terrible season so far, we're contemplating going on a cruise somewhere tropical instead haha.
I heard they got a good bit of snow shortly after we left. I think you guys will have a good time, although I have to say sitting on the beach drinking a beer in February sounds good, too.
marzski
Advanced

Storm total at Alta is up to 18 inches as of lunch time today, 10 inches since 4am MT. Be interesting to see how many more trails open up this weekend. Evan on OpenSnow is a lot happier with the extended forecast than he was last week.
2023-24: Wolf Creek in Dec, Massanutten in Jan, Feb; GT, Big Sky; Crested Butte; Alta/Snowbird in April.