The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

TR Killington 11/20/17, first day, first time

This is the spot to post your trail and trip reports. Please notify [email protected] when you do so that we can feature the better ones on the front of the website.
marzski
Advanced

My first ski day for the 2017-18 season ended up being at Killington on Monday, 11/20. I was in the Boston area getting ready to spend Thanksgiving break with my daughter who is in school up there. There wasn't much open, but could ski top to bottom riding the K1 Express gondola. Also one upper mountain chairlift open that the race lesson groups were using. They were setting up for the Ladies World Cup races Nov. 24-26 outside the K1 Lodge.
Killington Nov 2017 - 1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2023-24: Wolf Creek in Dec, Massanutten in Jan, Feb; GT, Big Sky; Crested Butte; Alta/Snowbird in April.
marzski
Advanced

A few more pics.
Killington Nov 2017 - 2.jpg
Killington Nov 2017 - 4.jpg
Superstar on the left
Killington Nov 2017 - 5.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2023-24: Wolf Creek in Dec, Massanutten in Jan, Feb; GT, Big Sky; Crested Butte; Alta/Snowbird in April.
ROYMERCER
Intermediate

I went there in 1993 on a whim at Thanksgiving because Snowshoe had hardly anything open. We lucked out as 18" of powder fell and skied for 3 days. The 18+ hour drive sucked but looking back I would do it again given the chance.
2020-2021 days skiing
CAT= 2
APP=
WOLF=
MASSANUTTEN=
TIMBERLINE=
CANAAN VALLEY=
SAPPHIRE=1
Timski
Beginner

Killington is really big. Nice pics. I first went in the 60s last in the 80s and want to go again. Try it again later you won't be disappointed esp for spring skiing.
Kelly K
Beginner

I went there 3-4 years ago for the first time so I could say I tried one of the big guys in the NE. Good size hills lots of trails. Pretty fun terrain, I enjoyed it a fair amount but would go out west over anywhere in the NE unless I just happened to be in the area. They do have the advantage of skiing very late into spring. If they have a good snow Pico is where its at right down the street. Great trees for days there.. I hit that up one day lots of fun!