The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Big Sky Montana 3/24 - 3/31/17

This is the spot to post your trail and trip reports. Please notify [email protected] when you do so that we can feature the better ones on the front of the website.
RMacSki
Advanced

Annual family trip this year went to Big Sky. I took my girlfriend for her first real time skiing. (perfect North doesn't count). We survived and I'm obsessed with Big Sky. Will post some pics up later but here is a little edit I made.

https://youtu.be/TZ0GR-SFDY4
2014-2015 Days On: Like a billion already.
spydeeTJB
Intermediate

Nice mix of conditions. Hope your bases survived the shark bites.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
RMacSki
Advanced

i still rent the sticks every time i go. I have my boots, but for some reason prefer to burn money on rentals. Those bites did tear me up a little bit. The snow was welcome. it was soft and slushy without it.
2014-2015 Days On: Like a billion already.
boredtoo
Beginner

Looks nice. I love Big Sky - all the terrain you could ever want and none of the crowds. I do the same on ski rentals. Long ago I would buy skis every so often and end up with skis that were just ok for the conditions. For the past decade or so I've rented the best skis for the conditions as they are. If the conditions change, switch out the skis for free.
swamphox
Expert

Good lord that looks rad.

Ski rentals out west are a given for me. With the side cut and space mine have under foot they dont do well in powdery conditions but do fine on ice and harder surfaces, which is more of what I'll see in the SE.

I also like the convenience of not paying bag fees and/or having to lug my skis with me everywhere and possibly needing a larger car rental than Id otherwise need.

I HAVE brought my boots with me before though but as boots and skis are combined as rentals anyway normally and my boots werent exactly professionally fitted to begin with it just seems like more to pack unless Im saving some money.
Live slow, die whenever.....

Days on Snow 22-23
Cat 5
app 1
sugar 1
ober 1
winterplace 2
Homewood 3