The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Saalbach-Hinterglemm, Austria - 3/3-12

This is the spot to post your trail and trip reports. Please notify [email protected] when you do so that we can feature the better ones on the front of the website.
boredtoo
Beginner

A couple of friends of mine have wanted to check out this resort area for a while. It was not my choice of an Austrian destination given its altitude (we had already visited Solden, St. Anton, etc.), but I decided to go ahead and join them for the trip. We flew directly to Munich and then took a transfer through Salzburg and from there to Saalbach (Hinterglemm is the next village up the valley).

Things were looking good at first with some fresh snow, but it was very wet and heavy.

The conditions were often challenging on the mountain, so we decided to exercise our arms.

There were some good days of sun. This was taken right outside my hotel - Das Neuhaus.

Some nice views.

Since my friends didn't want to go off piste, and the snow wasn't really that great, I tried to find good sidecountry when I could.

In all, it was still an enjoyable trip, but I would recommend higher resorts in this area.

Sorry there isn't more pics, but on the couple of really good days we had, I did more skiing than picture-taking.
skipanther
Advanced

Nice,I didn't see anything wrong w/that resort,altitude too low,what's the problem,all I see is snow?What was the altitude of the base,peaks etc?
boredtoo
Beginner

The base is 1000 meters and the highest lift is about 2100 meters. The snow looks better than it is given the moisture content and warm temps.
RMacSki
Advanced

very cool.
2014-2015 Days On: Like a billion already.