The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

T Shirt and Shorts skiing: Cat presidents day 2017

This is the spot to post your trail and trip reports. Please notify [email protected] when you do so that we can feature the better ones on the front of the website.
swamphox
Expert

We got up and headed out. 32 degrees in the valley and 51 at cat so I didnt even bother putting pants on. Lots of funny looks and comments from people who would later be roasting in their parkas if they werent already.

Coverage was still OK but will obviously not be sustainable to that through the weekend. Looks like theyll have a shot at making snow satuday night at least. I spoke to some employees who all said their goal is to stay open til late march and to make snow until that long if needs be.

The place wasnt deserted but it wasn't crowded either.

The snow was fun once you got used to it. As the day went on moguls and rollers formed throughout which were spare enough to where you could treat them more like kickers.

Pics
4 days difference from my last one, and its a pretty big difference but not too bad

Rock Island and Alley Cat Laps....because what else are you gonna do?

You could literally see the temperature inversion

Just your average viking enjoying himself

Grom squad getting after it on alley cat

Vid if youre interested
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_WmOGaQ-XE
Live slow, die whenever.....

Days on Snow 22-23
Cat 5
app 1
sugar 1
ober 1
winterplace 2
Homewood 3
davidski
Expert

Swamp, very nice... I was interested in the Vid but couldn't play it.

Anyway your son is going to rock, raising young skiers right!!