The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Snowshoe 3/4 Dec - Are we still counting fog days?

This is the spot to post your trail and trip reports. Please notify [email protected] when you do so that we can feature the better ones on the front of the website.
spydeeTJB
Intermediate

Yeah, Saturday the mountain was socked in with fog all day and the guns were pumping out the goods. So what, it was skiing, the snow was great and it was demo daze weekend with no crowds.

Spruce mid-day
20161203_131225.jpg
Demo tents
20161203_125201.jpg
I have the Soul7 so I tried the new Soul7 106 (180). As advertised, Rosi stiffened them up without notable weight gain, meaning less chatter at speed and improved edge performance. Not sure if they changed the rocker profile, didn't notice any difference.
20161203_131254.jpg
Way cool crystals forming on the branches. This is natural, not from snow guns.
20161204_082304.jpg
Sunday was clear and most guns were off. I went with Head Monster 88 (177). Great ski for east coast variable conditions like today.

This is the terrain park where people sit and the top and talk about doing something :roll:
20161204_103135.jpg

Word is Cupp will be open for next weekend!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
davidski
Expert

nice, how many manufacturers were there?
spydeeTJB
Intermediate

davidski wrote:nice, how many manufacturers were there?
5 ski, 2 or 3 board, and Smith helmet/goggle. I believe next one is in March.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
skipink
Expert

Nice! We'll see you there in March. Captain has already reserved our room!
"Nothing changes if nothing changes."
spydeeTJB
Intermediate

Awesome Pinky...which weekend in March?