The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Asm 11/24/2008

This is the spot to post your trail and trip reports. Please notify [email protected] when you do so that we can feature the better ones on the front of the website.
nooboarderjames
Intermediate

So for the second day trip of the season I went to App. Easy terrain but always fun to board at when you go alone. Honestly the snow is the best I've seen it since I moved here and picked up Snowboarding 5 going on 6 years ago. I got there about 9:00.

Today's adventure will be on the Burton Clash 155

First ride up to the top of Big Appal

Shot of Appaljack from the lift

Views back down the mtn

Views from the top

View of Orchard Run

It great to be an American!!!

All in all it was a good day. It sleeted rained and flurried off and on all day long. Most of it was rain. Nothing beats good snow in November, no matter were you go. Next week I think it will be at Beech with my Dad. He hasn't made turns in almost 3 years. In all the years he's lived here and worked at the resorts he's never been the Beech.

Later on

James
BaZinGa
Advanced

Yeah, I always have a good time at App as well. Nice TR!
Zone Driven
Expert

looked good
downhillNC
Advanced

Was there a noticeable difference at the top of the lift leading into Orchard Run? I remember hearing they re-graded the top part to widen it and create some relief for bottlenecks.
Zone Driven
Expert

i forgot to mention, Nice bindings
nooboarderjames
Intermediate

downhillNC;155145 wrote:
Was there a noticeable difference at the top of the lift leading into Orchard Run? I remember hearing they re-graded the top part to widen it and create some relief for bottlenecks.

Yes I did notice that. It wasnt but a few feet but they did widen it all the way down to where the trail splits to appal jam. They need to grade it so when you get off the double lift you dont have to push your way to Orchard. but they did widen the trail which is nice.:D

Zone Driven;155167 wrote:
i forgot to mention, Nice bindings

Thanks I love my Flows. While most ppl are sitting down to lock up I stay up and I'm off and going in 10 seconds or less. I want to spend my time boarding and not sitting on my butt.